Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dazzy wrote: »
    I ordered two of these on Thursday and received the "Dell Order Acknowledgement" email straight after. Since placing the order I had been trying to get a status from the Dell site but kept getting the "unfortunately your order has not been found" message. I mailed DELL customer service today and the response was "your order was cancelled due to an internal error" and to order again. I just ordered again at the same price. Might be worth emailing customer service if your in the same boat.

Same here...

I just rang to order 3 more for work, and had the girl check my own personal one (that I placed Thursday). She says it was cancelled (by me?) even though I had received a order confirmation email.

She was able to place it again though, so it may be worth checking with them if you haven't gotten any updates guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm beginning to see why these machines are so cheap... its all a ploy to test some sort of new ordering system :D before it goes live world wide :D

I ordered with a business name ... for the EPP .. and a personal CC so I don't think thats the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bollox.. that could be the problem then. Is the credit card you ordered with a company one? Does it have company details registered with the card?
    No, it's a personal card. First time i've ordered through EPP so that might be the problem.

It should appear in the order status area very soon after you order, right? That's normally the way it is, or should i wait 24 hours for it to appear.

basquille wrote: »
    It should appear in the order status area very soon after you order, right? That's normally the way it is, or should i wait 24 hours for it to appear.

It took nearly 24 hours for me to get the payment confirmation email and for me to be able to log into the site to see my order

forbairt wrote: »
    It took nearly 24 hours for me to get the payment confirmation email and for me to be able to log into the site to see my order
    Whoops.. probably shouldn't have e-mailed them asking about it so! :o

But in truth.. I also e-mailed them to ask them about a Vostro which has been in pre-production since Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Well, according to the Dell EMEA status link, mine is out for delivery with Interlink. I too provided my company address in error on the EPP site so in theory my credit card should have been turned down. I emailed customer care and they have since told me to contact them to re-order.

I will laugh if it turns up on my doorstep this evening by the time I get home or tomorrow. Looks like the order was processed before my credit card was verified :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I ordered mine on Friday evening and I got a confirmation on Saturday morning. It says on the website that it should arrvie on or before the 17th (abit long!) and it says to check with interlink for details, but like some others here, I have no tracking number.

Actually now that I am looking at my order they have given me a C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID instead of the C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1 that I ordered. This wouldn't be too bad if I got the Xeon upgrade..........but I didn't :(

By the way, when I talked to the rep she told me it should take no more than 24 hours for the order to be put up on the system and confirmation to be sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Raekwon wrote: »
    Actually now that I am looking at my order they have given me a C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID instead of the C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1 that I ordered. This wouldn't be too bad if I got the Xeon upgrade..........but I didn't :(

Where are you seeing that?, I'm looking at my packing slip online and it does say "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives " as well as higher up "SAS 5/iR Controller Card for SATA and SAS HDs " which I assume means the controller should be in it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    By the way, when I talked to the rep she told me it should take no more than 24 hours for the order to be put up on the system and confirmation to be sent.
    Cheers Kaiser. Much appreciated for letting us know.
    Longfield wrote:
    Where are you seeing that?, I'm looking at my packing slip online and it does say "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives " as well as higher up "SAS 5/iR Controller Card for SATA and SAS HDs " which I assume means the controller should be in it.
    Mine has "C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID" too.

EDIT: The EPP link gives the "C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID" whereas the link the original post for it (€149 excl VAT) has "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives" so that's why obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, will believe it when I see it so, might be like those vanishing Xeons others were seeing earlier.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »

It was on the packing slip.

It says that a 'C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID' has been shipped to me but I ordered a 'C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1' and the original order acknowledgement has confirmed that I actually ordered that latter of the two.

Damn!

Uh oh.. any truth to this that Dell won't honour business orders through EPP? Just realised when i sent them an e-mail regarding the status of the server and laptop - I mentioned delivery to "my business address", I meant "work address"!

Bollocks - cancellation ahoy? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Uh oh.. any truth to this that Dell won't honour business orders through EPP? Just realised when i sent them an e-mail regarding the status of the server and laptop - I mentioned delivery to "my business address", I meant "work address"!

Bollocks - cancellation ahoy? :(

I've ordered off of epp lots of times .. with different work / business / personal addresses .. business credit cards / personal credit cards ... and never been questioned once.. all you have to do is wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Mine says that it's with Interlink, but detailed information will follow soon.

I ordered a second one when I didn't recieve a confirmation for my original order, so hopefully they'll just ignore the second order

Well when I spoke to DELL earlier (and discovered my original order had been cancelled for some reason), she had no problem placing it again for me, and even changed the delivery address to the office for me (which I couldn't do online) - charged to my personal CC

I ordered a 2nd online this morning for one of the guys I work with but haven't received a confirmation yet. She told me to give it till the morning and let her know if I don't get anything back about it.

I also ordered 3 more for work this afternoon, using the company address and CC, and again, no issues with this.

All that said though, we are already registered for their EPP offers (I buy a lot of Optiplexes and laptops for the company from them), but regardless of this, I think if anyone is having problems or concerns the best thing is to just ring them and you'll get a lot further in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I ordered using epp and a company name (non epp qualifying) with a personal CC and home delivery address. That order is now being prepared for shipment. The second order, at the full(er) price I cancelled by email last night. When I checked this morning it was shown as being "in production" however I am now getting the "cannot advise status, please contact Customer service" message so I presume it has been cancelled OK.

Has anyone actually received a machine yet? Figure I won't get mine until Weds or Thursday (assuming I do get it....)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Christ, that was quick.

My boss ordered one on Thursday afternoon and it just arrived this morning.

I ordered a laptop a week ago and that's still in 'Phase 2: Pre-Production' with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday! :(

looks like someone got theres.i think basquilles boss is registered for epp

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    looks like someone got theres.i think basquilles boss is registered for epp
    No, he didn't order through the EPP link actually.

But yeah, it arrived this morning. We didn't even open it yet though.. still in it's box.

Hoping i get mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I do believe the EEP code on Pg. 1 is no longer valid. It's coming up at 233 all in. Which is pretty damn good. How easy is it to upgrade the interal Hard Drives? And how many spaces are there for extra drives? I'd be looking to max out the storage..

• Advertisement

Gambra wrote: »
    I do believe the EEP code on Pg. 1 is no longer valid. It's coming up at 233 all in. Which is pretty damn good. How easy is it to upgrade the interal Hard Drives? And how many spaces are there for extra drives? I'd be looking to max out the storage..

I just checked now and its still showing at €188 for me

RE: the hard drives. Very easy to change (have a look at the review I linked to a few pages back for pictures) but there's only space for 2 of them - although the motherboard will support 4 SATA devices.

You might get another 2 into the 3.5" floppy bay and spare 5.25" slot (with adapter) but I'm not sure on this. Anyone?

The Vostro i ordered is now showing pre-production as of 11/12/2007.

No chance of me getting it before Christmas at this point..! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Just got this from Dell after querying the two servers I ordered on Friday.
    Shame on Dell and now they are sending me to the UK sales team.

Dear Santa Claus,

Thank you for contacting Dell online customer care.

According to our records your Dell order [order number IE0666-6666-6666] has been cancelled due to technical error in our system.

If you would like to reinstate your order please go to www.dell.co.uk and place the order again or call our Sales team on 0870 907 4000.

Regards,
    Rubeena
    UKI Customer Support Expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

According to our records your Dell order [order number IE0666-6666-6666] has been cancelled due to technical error in our system.

With an order number like that, maybe just as well (possible satanic implications :D )

Forgot to Mention name and Order number were changed to protect my identity! Bit of a Bummer was looking forward to playing around with it over the xmas, lucky I held off on ordering graphic cards.

Dell just e-mailed me to say my laptop (ordered December 4th) with an estimated delivery date of December 12th has a new estimated delivery date of December 31st.

That's gonna make a great Christmas present - pissed off! :(

An Xmas miracle might happen and you could get it before xmas!

Any ideas what I do about my dell order? Don't want to be ringing across the pond, probably end up in a call centre in India anyway.

It'd want to be quite a miracle.. getting it delivered to my work address which is closing on December 21st!

Thinking of cancelling it to be honest!

Any ideas what I do about my dell order? Don't want to be ringing across the pond, probably end up in a call centre in India anyway.

Ring the number on the EPP site and you'll probably get through to the centre in Cherrywood, Shankhill.

• Advertisement

My Personal CC has been charged for the EPP machine having given a business name ... I'm breathing easier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Interlink just rang me to say they have my delivery ( I'm not at home but will collect from Depo tonight)

Yet on my order status it has estimated delivery date at the 17th :D

So Happy days all round.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

What emails did you get from them when you ordered?
    I got an Order Acknowledgement with an Internet Receipt.
    Then i got a Booking Reference with all the details

however... when i try to check the status, it cannot find the order. Time to ring them i think

only order yesterday afternoon.

however... when i try to check the status, it cannot find the order. Time to ring them i think

only order yesterday afternoon.
    Kaiser2000 said yesterday that he was talking to a rep who said orders would take 24 hours to appear in the EMEA Order area.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon so i'll wait til the end of the day before ringing anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

ah grand so - i'll give em a chance :-)

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I had ordered mine on Friday, got no word back after initial confirmation email. I contacted MBNA last night, they told me that a transaction for 188 was denied due to an incorrect CVV code.. Called Dell this morning and spent half an hour talking to 10 different people, all I learned was that they'd cancelled my order without bothering to tell me. No-one seemed to be able to put it back on the system. I got very, very angry and frustrated, and hung up. Emailed my dell account manager at work, two minute phone conversation, and we have an order. NEVER again do I try to order anything from dell as a civilian, their customer care is atrocious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Kaiser2000 said yesterday that he was talking to a rep who said orders would take 24 hours to appear in the EMEA Order area.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon so i'll wait til the end of the day before ringing anyways!

Hmm, I ordered mine yesterday at around 10am and still no sign of it up there. Might ring the cc company and see if its going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

Mine arrived today...:D

Mine arrived today too :D

I put my parents address as my shipping address because there is always somebody there to take the delivery.

I won't be out there for a few days but I can't wait to get it up and running this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ordered friday evening. Arrived today. Can't fault that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭geecee

Rang dell today
    My oder for 2 - placed last thursday has been cancelled
    They couldn't tell me why - just could say it was cancelled!

How when i go back on the site it can't fnd the offer...

Good bye cheap servers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Quackles wrote: »
    I had ordered mine on Friday, got no word back after initial confirmation email. I contacted MBNA last night, they told me that a transaction for 188 was denied due to an incorrect CVV code.. Called Dell this morning and spent half an hour talking to 10 different people, all I learned was that they'd cancelled my order without bothering to tell me. No-one seemed to be able to put it back on the system. I got very, very angry and frustrated, and hung up. Emailed my dell account manager at work, two minute phone conversation, and we have an order. NEVER again do I try to order anything from dell as a civilian, their customer care is atrocious!

They did exactly the same to me years ago. They said the card was refused and they didn't bother to even contact me, I was left waiting weeks thinking my PC was on the way. I was very surprised and disappointed with their behaviour and attitude. Interestingly, that was with an MBNA card as well. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Ordered mine Friday night, received today. Cheers OP.

Just received I'm a happy camper ... now to burn ubuntu and away I go :D

How odd!

My credit card has not been charged for the server, which is perfectly understandable as judging by all the "disappearing orders" I doubt i'm gonna get it. And hasn't appeared in my EMEA Order area so it's a no-go i'd imagine.

But even more strangely, the payment for the Vostro for they reserved late last week has been refunded back onto my card. Will they only take this on shipment (as it has been delayed)?

It's all very confusing!

This thread isn't giving me much re-assurance in Dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

geecee wrote: »
    Rang dell today
    My oder for 2 - placed last thursday has been cancelled
    They couldn't tell me why - just could say it was cancelled!

How when i go back on the site it can't fnd the offer...

Good bye cheap servers!

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ieepp1&kc=123&oc=SC44402&x=9&y=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ehh, my order was cancelled visa delined and its under some-one else's name!!!

Just rang the bank, looks like dell didnt even try to put the order through my credit card.

Did those who've received the machine at this stage get order conformation/delivery notification etc, or did it just turn up?

I have to say, speaking as someone who oversees the IT purchasing for the company I work for, that DELL really do seem to be slipping lately - orders delayed, poor response times to emails/phone calls etc. I'm not sure what's going on as they were much better only a few months back.

I've mailed the EPP rep earlier to confirm the orders are underway but no reply as yet. I think I'll drop a mail to my account manager as well.

Dell decided to send me an order acknowledgement but where charging me 376 euros for just one server so rang them and nice lady said they would change it to two and resend it to me.

Now what am I going to do with two servers!

Has anyone managed to put a graphics card into one of these yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Dell decided to send me an order acknowledgement but where charging me 376 euros for just one server so rang them and nice lady said they would change it to two and resend it to me.

Now what am I going to do with two servers!

Has anyone managed to put a graphics card into one of these yet?

Nope we're gonna wait to see how you get on! .. (you sound under pressure :D to do it quickly)

• Advertisement
Advertisement