Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Payment protection insurance on car loan

Options
  • 06-12-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi every one.

Im geting a loan of 11500 Euro for a new car. the bank asked me if i would like to take out Payment protection insurance on it. i would just like to know has any one ever takeing out this before. and is it a scam. i just want to take it out incase i lose my job. any feed back would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

dont bother as its about 20-30 euro (depending on load amount etc) extra a month.I dont think its worth it so i never got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It really depends on your circumstances

how likely you think you might be laid off/out of work for a time etc and whether you think you could keep up repayments if that happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Good_Crow

used to sell this years ago. total scam in my view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

It says on the terms and conditions. that they pay the loan if you get involuntary redundancy. they pay the loan on till you find work or up to one year. is ther any one who was made redundate and do they pay or is ther any thing else i need to know.

Thanks every one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I think it's pointless if you are in a stable job (and no history of long sickness or injury breaks from work).

I had it on my car loan for 5 years, never used it. Think it only works if you are made redundant, sick etc. not if you "just leave" ;). But if you see yourself being made redundant, or feel you have a history of back probs, etc which may impact your ability to work in the next 3 - 5 years (or term of the loan) then take it out. It's certainly legit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

Thers talk in work that ther could be made redundate in july will not find out till may if this will be coming in or not. would they still pay out on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

james92 wrote: »
    is ther any one who was made redundate and do they pay or is ther any thing else i need to know.

Thanks every one

A friend of mine claimed his for 12 months after he hurt his back. Afaik they don't pay the first month then they pay up to 12 months after that as long as your'e certed or if made redundant until you find employment.

Advertisement