Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

christmas do' outfit(Help Me)

• 06-12-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,
    I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have 3/4 christmas parties to go to this year and all are for a new job, I'm a bit tomboyishand dont like wearing dresses but for two of the parties blacktie is essential, but talking to the boys at work none of them are dressing up. What do i do? I dont want to go under dressed and dont want to go over dressed either. Also I am the only girl in the office so can't ask another girl what she is wearing!!! Its the only bad and complicated thing about working in an all male environment

Any advice at all would be great
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You could wear a nice pair of trousers with a nice sparkly top or corset or something with some fab shoes if you dont like dresses. Plus you could get a few tops to go with the trousers for each party so you look different in the photos!

I wouldnt mind looking over dressed (just dont wear a ballgown :eek: ) It's always good to look your best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deepack

I'm really dull when it comes to dressy clothes too its all black and white, think I'll just have to rope someone into going shopping with me from another dept. It really is a mans world, trousers n shirt and they are away for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

deepack wrote: »
    I'm really dull when it comes to dressy clothes too its all black and white, think I'll just have to rope someone into going shopping with me from another dept. It really is a mans world, trousers n shirt and they are away for the night

I wear too much black too, you cant go far wrong with it! I hate bringing someone shopping. Have a look through some websites on the net first and you could get an idea of what you think is nice

Oasis
    Topshop
    Dunnes Savida
    Quiz
    Zara
    Miss Selfridge
    Monsoon
    Next

Gonna have a look through them myself, hope you find something!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

warehouse have some great party dresses at the mo.

Advertisement