Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NEW VRT and Tax question.

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys the new vrt that’s is coming in.
    iv booked a new mazda 3 1.6 petrol saloon its 162 co2 I think that’s mid table. for jan 08. its 21900. will i be down money in july if i buy it in jan.
    and how will this new tax rate work.

thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ignoring depreciation the effect of both road tax and VRT changes on your car will be small enough to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What HF III said. Under the new regime, the car will cost €21,611 so around €21,600 or a €300 difference at most.

What may be of more interest is that the diesel equivalent will be costing you €23,200 approximately as opposed to €25,995 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Similar question; I ordered a Merc C180 A/T, looks like its 194 emissions, should I try to change to the C200 Diesel manual which is 160 which would cost me 2 grand more or is it negligble in the long run assuming I keep it for 2 - 3 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

guys, surely the VRT rate is based on the OMSP.... so dealers are going to see diesels in more demand and therefore up the price... so the drops probably won't be as suspected???

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Folks - Any advice, please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement