Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband access problem

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

My exchange has recently been enabled and all and sundry can now have broadband access...except me. My line was piggybacked a few years ago to enable a neighbour to have a telephone. Result is my line fails the test. I rang eircom but no joy there..standard reply. Do I have any options or rights in this case. I would appreciate whetever advice I can get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

they can't do that any more (legal stuff) but you don't have any rights to get them to undo it.
    if you order a new line it will work, as i said they can't do now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ordering ISDN used to be one way to get the pair gain removed. There may be some other reason why you can't get BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

watty wrote: »
    Ordering ISDN used to be one way to get the pair gain removed. There may be some other reason why you can't get BB.

No. No other reason. Houses either side of me have it but me and my 'line passenger' cannot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scuba27

Is there no other Broadband provider in your area that has a mast that your house would have a line of sight to? If so you could dish on your roof and get Broadband this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Yes, I have a broadband provider already that provides wireless broadband but this service is over twice the price of the phoneline access and doesn't allow a choice of provider or bundle pricing etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement