Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cancellation

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All, through procrastination this is something I meant to do ages ago but ended up putting it off then forgetting about it until I started an office clean up this morning, and found booking details etc. I've been trying to google and search various forums for an answer, but haven't got it, and no recorded complaints have surfaced...

27th Oct '06 EI 109 was due to fly from DUB to JFK, but whilst we were waiting at the boarding gate it was announced that the flight had been stranded at Malaga and our options were the first 10 or 15 passengers to the front could get a flight to uk and straight on from there, or to go on a flight the next morning (Scheduled Take off was 5.20pm friday) where they got a different airline to take us. We were put up in Bewleys Airport Hotel for the night, provided with a meal, then shipped off the following morning at 9 o' clock or so.

Would we have been (or are we) entitled to compensation for the cancelled flight? It's probably too late to claim now, but out of curiosity I said I'd post to see if anyone was on the flight and had done anything, or been in the same situation?

All i could find on it was this http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-249859.html

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I remember that incident in AGP...

Never too late to sue.....write to Aer Lingus complaining. Threaten further action etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

They should have looked for volunteers to offload themselves from the flight.
    These volunteers should have been offered denied boarding compensation.
    I'd say you have a case for pursuing this further.

Sorry read it wrongly, flight was cancelled, not overbooked.

I would still say you had a case for compensation,under current leglislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Cheers lads, will look into it further so, thinking that they'll say that they did everything possible, or it was out of their control...

It wasn't out of their control, despite the fact that they seemed to have treated you well,you were discomoded and that should count for something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

In fairness, they seem to have treated you quite well. Having read the Conditions of Carriage on aerlingus.ie, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount that could be done as they reaccomodated you within a reasonable time, and arranged accomodation, transfers and food.

If you have travel insurance it might be worth checking what you're covered for.

Might have a chance of getting some travel vouchers or a partial refund from Aer Lingus if you write to them, purely as a customer service/goodwill gesture, but 14 months may be stretching it.

Advertisement