Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Washes - Where's the best??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Don't think the mods would approve of me firing out links, I have PM'd you Sully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭poker-jacks

Will be trying out this "top notch" place in Shankill and will report back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Will be trying out this "top notch" place in Shankill and will report back...
    It should be good, Ive never had a problem.What day are you heading down.Is it just for a wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭poker-jacks

Someday this week, prob Thursday. Yeah just for a wash.

Although I did see a 5 Series BMW with "Top Notch" on the back window with a Garda Car sticking out of the side of it in Ballybrack last night. Looked pretty bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 liljenny

a bucket and sponge always does the job for me it doesnt even take that long like, even the do it yourself car washes in garages are better than the automatic ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would avoid automatic car washes with those brushes. They wreck your paintwork and tend to pull things off your car like ariels and wipers, in the process.

A self service or attended car wash with a power hose is probably the safest.

But personally I prefer to wash my car myself, weather permitting of course.

x2. Just like retail therapy, only for car enthusiasts. Don't forget to give it a good polishing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Super one in Roscommon, drive into a covered shead, two guys armed with brushes (only used on low panels on the car for heavy dirt) and sponges clean your car to within an inch of its life for 8 euro, they have NEVER missed a spot on mine and you get a light spray of polish over it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

*heads off to Roscommon to drive around looking for a "covered shed"*

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the morale behind using a power washer. With the greens in power, they have appealed on water conservation etc. I have this Kaercher machine for the past 4 years and it is fantastic. It may waste more water than washing a car using buckets but then again, it washes off the dirt well. In some countries, washing a car using a hose is forbidden (Switzerland) so youy need to bring the car to a dedicated car washing place.

Advertisement