Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Jinx

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Looking for some ideas on what has happened to two digital cameras.

The first one is a Sony Cybershot T1, no issues, was running fine, came back from being abroad and put it away. Took it out the other day, charged it and turned it on. Colours all streaking on the display. Took a picture - same story. Ran back through the images on the memory card and they are perfect so it looks like a problem with the CCD in the camera.

Yesterday - Took a Fuji F401 from the office, cos my one above is busted, been stored for a while. Charged it overnight, went to a site today and turned it on - image on LCD perfect but when I take a picture and view it all the colours are steaked again. Replayed old images - perfect.

Both imgaes are distirted vertically, showing blue, red and green. Reminds me of a monitor that might have been distorted by magnetism.

Any ideas on what could cause this - I have no major magnets that I know of, the cameras are usually in my laptop case and I also keep my SE P990i inthere and its camera is still fine.

Is it just bad luck or could there be some other factor? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd say that both of these cameras have a Sony CCD chip fault. Had same trouble with a Canon Camcorder. Sony provide CCD chips for other manufacturers and these were glued instead of something more permanent. End result was hot/humid holiday locations melted the glue, hence Sony having to compensate their customers. Contact Sony and Fuji. Annoyed me that I had to pay registered postal charges to send my Canon up to Dublin, but that was all it cost.

Tried to post a couple of links but, for some weird reason, can't get the info into this post.

Try a Sony CCD Fault internet search and you'll probably get the same info that I had.

Advertisement