Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDW TF Cover Art competition

Options
  • 06-12-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

IDW Forums wrote:
    ARE YOU THE NEXT TRANSFORMERS COVER ARTIST?

Well here's your chance.

The masterminds behind the “Transformers: Mosaic,” in partnership with Chris Ryall, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of IDW Publishing, are running a competition for all Transformers artists, which gives them the chance to be considered for providing a variant cover to an upcoming Transformers comic produced by IDW Publishing.

Excited yet? Good, you should be.

So how does it work?

Step 1: Email your full name to Next.Tf.Cover.Artist@gmail.com by the end of December, 2007.

Step 2: On the first of January 2008, you will be emailed the name of the Transformer you are to provide a "cover" for.

Step 3: You have until February first to submit your work.

Step 4: Once all entries are in, they will be divided into groups based on characters used.

Step 5: All entries will be displayed on the IDW forums ( http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=2) and voting will commence. Voting will be open for 2 weeks.

Step 6: Once voting is complete, the top 3 artists from each group will be contacted and given another character to prepare a cover for and another month to complete.

Step 7: The second round of entries will be posted on IDW forums and voting will once again be carried out.

Step 8: Once voting on the second round is complete, the names and contact details of the top three artists will be given to Chris Ryall, who will work through the final process.

Things you need to know.

1. There is no guarantee that this will lead to paid work for IDW

2. All work should be submitted in line-art only, no colors allowed.

3. Be creative, designs can either be classic or your own redesign.

4. Voting can only be done by members of the IDW forum, and yes, you can vote for yourself.

So, if you think you've got what it takes, step up and prove it!

Check it out (or even just register so you can vote for me:D)

Comments

Ahh , will give this a go. Looking forward to it acutally .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I would love to see IDW get more Irish Staff on thier books.

Best of luck to those who enter.

I have just entered, should be a bit of fun. Not expecting anything from it though. Will need some new pens i think .

Just seeing who got their trainsformers to draw. I was really dissapointed with mine.

I got Perceptor :(

The next 2 i never even heard of ......

Chase

Horri-bull .

Chase was a Throttle Bot. The Red one I believe.
    Look just like all the other Throttlebots. Quick Generic. http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Cels/Chase1a.jpg
    Chase1a.jpg

Horri-bull
    A great decepticon. A headmaster with issues.(wheren't they all.)
    http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/teletran.asp?coat=decepticon&year=1988

Best O luck Drey. Don't forget to share with us when you finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

And I thought I had a bad lot....

I got Scourge, Red Alert & Apeface. Ah well, lets see how we get on so. I'm also doing art for three Mosaics and our baby is overdue, not to mention the pesky real job. Never let it be said I don't like to keep busy...

Good luck to anybody else entering, I'll keep an eye out for you!!

Voting polls are up for round one of the competition. I'm shamelessly begging for your vote now!!

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3176

Very good Ger , i was too busy to even start mine :(

Well, round one is over, as far as I can tell one Irish artist made it to the second round (and he was in my group!!).

Brian Donnelly - aka Grimsqueaker came second in the Scourge group. I came a close 5th:(

Sorry to hear that Ger.

• Advertisement

MarkHall wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Ger.

Thanks. Still, at least one Irish artist got through, so I'll be keeping an eye on how he gets on.

Advertisement