Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films to DVD, Audio question!

• 06-12-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a no. of films recorded onto my PC via my TVTunerCard (with its software). They were recorded in mpeg2 format with 44kHz audio, Q. can I now put these onto DVD or does the DVD format require 48kHz ?
    Note: I tried with QDvdAuthor but it gave me this 48Khz error.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

You forgot to mention that, of course, these are your home movies. Im moving to Video Editing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

You forgot to mention that, of course, these are your home movies.

hmmm a likely story.... "films recorded onto my PC via my TVTunerCard" :p
    anyway, if you were to use nero to burn your dvd, i'm pretty sure it upconverts the audio to 48KHz

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Thanks SouperComputer, I was looking for this forum, didnt expect it to be in Arts !!

To 'decob' > "a likley story..", I can assure you I wasnt 'burning' any illegal copies of DVD's. I suppose I shouldnt have used the 'films' word, I should have said 'programs'. ie. my problem is I recorded the RyderCup last year in 44kHz mode and a DVD authoring program gave me complaints. I'll try the Nero thing but I suspect it mightnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UTJAMS

derby7 wrote: »
    I have a no. of films recorded onto my PC via my TVTunerCard (with its software). They were recorded in mpeg2 format with 44kHz audio, Q. can I now put these onto DVD or does the DVD format require 48kHz ?
    Note: I tried with QDvdAuthor but it gave me this 48Khz error.

If you are willing to spend money (but, obviously, not use one of the many cracks floating around the net - actually, don't use them, most are virus') then use DVDSanta
    http://www.dvdsanta.com

It will work with a 44K audio.

Advertisement