Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Split-Screen Xbox Live

• 06-12-2007 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

First of all - hi there to all of you!

Im fairly new to both subjects - Xbox360 as well as forums, thus a question that might be stupid to the most of you.

Is it possible to play Xbox Live on a split screen with one Xbox Live Gold account?

Im not sure if Im precise enough but the thing is that having one Xbox360 at home and playing COD4 or Gears of War this becomes a bit dull after some time - 2 players, split screen.
    Now if we get the subscription - do we need to buy 2 of those for two players at one place?

I know this sounds a bit odd but dont know how else can I explain that.

Hope you do understand me and by any chance can answer me...thanks in advance and regards

Sin Light

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

SinLight wrote: »
    Is it possible to play Xbox Live on a split screen with one Xbox Live Gold account?
    Yes, provided the game supports it. COD4 doesn't for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Halo 3 does support it. The other person signs in as a guest and the game will allow the user to play as a guest and their name will appear as your gamertag (1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

brim4brim wrote: »
    Halo 3 does support it. The other person signs in as a guest and the game will allow the user to play as a guest and their name will appear as your gamertag (1)

Virtua Tennis 3 also uses this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭SinLight

Just a quick question -

so what fun is that in playing COD4 with a split screen one against one without being able to play online?

Dont see much point in that...

thanks for the replies/

Advertisement