Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoying google problem

Options
  • 06-12-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I have a very embarassing problem. When i google my name, a post featuring my email address I previously posted and then deleted shows up on a website called der keiler (maybe spelled together). I originally posted on another website but my info has been picked up by this site. It's a rather personal issue, so I really want my email address deleted at once, but can't contact anyone through this site der Keiler... HELPPP!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google updates quite quickly so it should be gone after a while.
    Wait is all you can do I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

biko wrote: »
    Google updates quite quickly so it should be gone after a while.

Er, the cached page will always be there I'm afraid...

The good side of this is that many people don't bother to look at cached pages but the search will still throw it up...maybe go back to the site and if you can still edit the post do so. There must be some webmaster contact form on the website. Use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you can change the page (i.e. by deleting your email address), then Google will update its cache and your info is gone. If you delete the page, Google will hold onto the cached page forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lola_run

seamus wrote: »
    If you can change the page (i.e. by deleting your email address), then Google will update its cache and your info is gone. If you delete the page, Google will hold onto the cached page forever.

Thanks a million, guys. This is quite embarassing.I have asked for my email address to be deleted. I don't like the way other sites can take info from forums!

Another question, how do I actually get posts deleted from Google groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lola_run wrote: »
    Thanks a million, guys. This is quite embarassing.I have asked for my email address to be deleted. I don't like the way other sites can take info from forums!
    Well they do say that you should never type anything on a forum that you wouldn't be prepared to say to a room full of friends, relatives and strangers. At least you now know to be a bit more careful. :)
    Another question, how do I actually get posts deleted from Google groups?
    Don't know about that. Sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement