Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing front light in MK IV Golf

Options
  • 06-12-2007 5:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Right, the big light(biggest and brightest of the 3) on the driver side of my Golf has gone, very annoying and ive no idea how to go about changing it. Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to take out the light casing itself.

Or how much would i be paying for a garage to change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Unless you have tiny hands the bumper will have to come off.

You'll need lots of torx screws!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well i dont have tiny hands so off to the garage tomorrow, Any idea roughly how much it will cost?

I take it from your post that you need to change one bulb rather than the whole lamp unit. There is no need to remove the lamp in order to change a bulb.

VW%20-%20Golf%20IV%20Accessories%20-%20Front%20Right%20head%20light%20eye%20brows%20(golf42).jpg

Its the one on the left of that picture(closest to the edge/wing area)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

crosstownk wrote: »
    I take it from your post that you need to change one bulb rather than the whole lamp unit. There is no need to remove the lamp in order to change a bulb.

Even getting the black cover at the back of the headlight off is an achievement..

I wouldn't fancy paying VW labour to change a bulb though.

I wont be going to a VW dealer, just a garage around the corner from me

MarkN wrote: »
    Even getting the black cover at the back of the headlight off is an achievement..

I'll agree that it's awkward - but it's well possible. And handy to have a torch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The drivers side light is easy enough, just 2 clips at the back to remove it and replace the bulb. No need to take the bumper off on the MKIV, I've big shovel hands and managed it :D

Advertisement