Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Pubs of Ennis 2007

• 06-12-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am thinking of organising the 12 pubs of Christmas in Ennis this year and was just wondering if there would be much interest in it? Going to be doing it with friends anyway and thought why not make it a proper pub crawl. Reply if you think there would be interest. It's going to be the 22nd of December starting at about 4 o'clock. It's free btw :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

:eek:Wow , what a response!!! :rolleyes:

Well we are going ahead anyway, here is the plan :D

The 12 Pubs of Ennis
    (In 6 hours)

December 22nd 4pm, the Diamond Bar

Continuing onto…
    Brogans
    Moroneys
    Fa Fas
    Bar McQs
    Charlie Stewarts
    Lucas’s
    O’Hallorans
    Knoxes
    Ciarans
    The Front Bar
    Cruises Bar

The more the merrier!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

ye really are getting some exercise in aren't ye :)

Personally, I'd go Baron McQ's, Charlies, Lucas's, Fa Fas, Moroneys, Paddy Quinns, Diamond, Brogans, O'Halloran's, Knox's, Ciarans and then Cruises.

I'll try to get in at some stage, I've been told I've jobs I have to do.... but pints could be had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Steamer wrote: »
    :eek:Wow , what a response!!! :rolleyes:

Well we are going ahead anyway, here is the plan :D

The 12 Pubs of Ennis
    (In 6 hours)

December 22nd 4pm, the Diamond Bar

Continuing onto…
    Brogans
    Moroneys
    Fa Fas
    Bar McQs
    Charlie Stewarts
    Lucas’s
    O’Hallorans
    Knoxes
    Ciarans
    The Front Bar
    Cruises Bar

The more the merrier!!!

The Clare forum on boards tends not to get too much traffic!! Agree with Clareman with putting paddy quinns in there somewhere. Great pints of guinness. Gonna be workin that day but hope ye have a good one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

hope ye had a good time and the heads aren't too bad this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

It's not until this weekend. With my sore head this morning it's not looking appealling but I'm sure I will power through it! Might head to Paddy Quinns instead of Fa Fas, will see on the day and the crowd that's in it. ;)

• Advertisement

I should really read the fine print :)

Anyone orgainising 1 of these for 2008?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

I notice that all the pubs are in the town centre...
    Might I suggest that you might venture over the knoxs bridge and visit some of the other establishments "OUT OF TOWN"

Lets start way out ...at The Copper Jug
    go next door to Mikey Kerins
    down the road a bit Lifford Arms
    long walk ..time to recover... The Brewery
    Down the high street to Mossys
    downhill all the way to GANGAS
    through the Market PJ Kellys
    then down to Moloneys
    Up the Pike to Aylmers Rest
    round the corner to Gleesons
    and get the satnav out for The Halfway
    and there is not point in putting in a 12th pub because no one cares at this stage anyhow....

I'd get a heart attack trying that route, why not throw in the Grove to start with :)

Actually, got me thinking, 12 pubs of Christmas outside of the "town".

Grove.
    Copper.
    Kerin's
    Tom Steele's.
    Barge Rooms (re-opened I think).
    Lifford.
    Kelly's
    Ganga's
    Moloney's
    Alylmer's
    Gleeson's
    Halway

I reckon you'd be sober by the time you'd have it done, but good Guinness in all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

johnno's?

• Advertisement

Good point, as much in town as the Grove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Ah sure lads, what if it's raining. When you've got 6 pints in you all that walking would be a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

you'd probably get run over by a cattle lorry on the quinn rd, so johnnos is a hazzard

Advertisement