Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit much microsoft!

• 06-12-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

As most of ye have probably seen by this stage, theres a video on youtube called "Master Chief Sucks at Halo". In this at one point he says "fcuking snowbound". I thought it was very funny. My friends and I say it now anytime we play snowbound.

The other night I discovered that for some reason you were able to have any word in your motto. There was no restriction thing for some reason. So I changed my motto to "fcuking snowbound" as a joke. My friend (Master Gamer090) also changed his motto. He changed it to another line from the vid on youtube. His was "veto this **** u ashols". So at this point we both had mottos in breach of the o so great fcuking CODE OF CONDUCT!

Yesterday master gamer090 was suspended for 1 day for an inapropriate motto. Ok fait enough a one day suspension. Nothing to be angry about. (Not me anyway cus i've had alot longer)

This morning I checked my e-mail inbox. In it was an enforcement order from xbox. Didnt scare me because i'm used to them. So I asumed that it wasa one day suspension because the email was the exact same as master gamer's.

Here it is:
    Inappropriate Content

Do not respond to this email address. It is not monitored.

This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been suspended due to feedback received from other Xbox Live users about your inappropriate content on the service. Additionally, Xbox Live has deleted the content in question.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox Live Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension time, you will not be able to log into Xbox Live. Your Xbox Live privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period. The length of a suspension is not announced by Xbox Customer Support and is subject to change without prior notice by Xbox Live.

Xbox Live expects that all customers abide by the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while playing on the Xbox Live service. You can view the Code of Conduct from the Xbox Live Dashboard under Xbox Live Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/legal/legal-tou.htm. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

If you have any questions regarding the Xbox Live Code of Conduct, please contact Xbox Customer Support.

Thank you

Xbox Live Community Management team

Anyway I came home from school and turned on my xbox. And it came up with an suspension notice. I expected that. But what I didnt expect was the date. It said you have been suspended from xbox live until 20/12/07. I was like wtf!

I've been suspended many times by XBL for cheating, bridgeing, standbying, trash talking and credit card problems. The longest suspension I got was 7 days for cheating. But 14days for an inapropriate motto, thats fcuked up. Most ridiculous thing ever.

What do you think about the whole situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Sucks to be you for not reading the t'c and c's... Maybe they gave you 14 days since you're a repeat offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Probably your past record caused you to get a longer ban this time. Did ur friend get caught for cheating etc. before? Btw cheating? I would hope that cheaters get longer bans (not that I play xbox live)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    As most of ye...

Seems like its because of your history of being a very bold boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ur own fault mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Other users reported you, hardly big bad microsoft

14 days is a bit harsh but probably due to repeat offences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Nelson_haha.jpg

Serves ya right ya cheating bolloks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Possibly if you stopped acting like a child, you won't get treated as one. Whoop de do!! you put fukc in your username!! your sooo bad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I think it's fcuking great :D

Xbox LIVE is a better place without certain people that ruin it for everyone else. Nice one Microsoft. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Just watched that Master Chief sucks video. how retarded. Sad that people find that soooo hilarious..lolerz..roflcopter!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

el dude wrote: »
    Serves ya right ya cheating bollocks!!

Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Out of interest how exactly is it possible to cheat on xbox live????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've been suspended many times by XBL for cheating, bridgeing, standbying, trash talking and credit card problems.

I'd have given you a lifetime ban or castration. Just kidding! I'd have given you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm shocked Microsoft acted. I thought it was just a cosmetic option( to report someone) to cover themselves so they look like they are doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Ok just to try and clear up the whole situation a little bit. Yes i'm ashamed of cheating and stopped well over a year ago. I cheated on halo2 by modding. And i'm sure there are people out there who also modded. All I do nowadays is play a fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I've been suspended many times by XBL for cheating, bridgeing, standbying, trash talking and credit card problems. The longest suspension I got was 7 days for cheating. But 14days for an inapropriate motto, thats fcuked up. Most ridiculous thing ever.

You're probably being punished for being a repeat offender. Going forward, the more complaints you have logged against you, coupled with the fact that you've been banned numerous times means any future transgressions will likely result in even longer suspension periods.

I'm sure you're not exactly going to be 'missed' by other Live users.

I think it's fcuking great :D

Xbox LIVE is a better place without certain people that ruin it for everyone else. Nice one Microsoft. :)

Ye I agree with that. Thats why I stopped all the halo 2 crap overa year ago. But I don't see how having my motto a certain thing is ruining it for every1 else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anyway I came home from school and turned on my xbox.

Primary school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Ha, you sound like a bit of a sap in all fairness. I hate Halo kids with a passion

tman wrote: »
    Primary school?

Thats cheap for a mod u fcuk face.

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Ha, you sound like a bit of a sap in all fairness. I hate Halo kids with a passion

Ok watever, so basically u hate urself aswell. wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,771 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I dont see what your problem is?
    You knowingly broke the T's and C's.
    It's not your first time doing this and your punishment reflected this.
    Get over it and have a bit of cop on when thinking of breaking the T's and C's next time would be my advice.
    Kippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry, it was a bit immature of me alright...

kippy wrote: »
    I dont see what your problem is?
    You knowingly broke the T's and C's.
    It's not your first time doing this and your punishment reflected this.
    Get over it and have a bit of cop on when thinking of breaking the T's and C's next time would be my advice.
    Kippy.

His problem is, he's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This post certainly seems to have backfired on the OP :D

He thought he was cool in the first post. Bragging about glitching ad that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

This post certainly seems to have backfired on the OP :D

And reflected well on Microsoft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I bet you get longer than 14 day ban here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

And im supposed to care because....

You broke the rules, you got punished. Period.
    Welcome to the real world kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did your mammy buy you halo? cause im pretty sure the age limit if 15, you shouldnt be playing you naughty little whipper snapper :P

HAHAHA pwned. o and by the way, once a cheater always a cheater.

So you basically just came out and said

" aright lads, well im **** at halo so had to cheat to try come across as average"

hope your x-box bricks

:P happy fragging :P

• Advertisement

Ya the post has backfired on me. All I wanted to hear if you thought it was fair for such a suspension. And fair enough people are making valid comments. But others are just showing their stupidity. For instance you dont spell break - brick. Wow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement