Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fax on BT Broadband

Options
  • 06-12-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello all! I have searched for answers before posting, but to no avail. SO...... I had my fax on the same line/number for the last few years, worked fine! The answering machine would pick up the line before the fax machine, with the option for the caller to leave a voice message or send a fax. Now we have BT Broadband and the fax doesn't work any more, I can make calls with it, but can't send or receive faxes. I have the fax line connected via an inline filter. Could that be the problem? Any ideas please :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

By Inline filter do u mean a dsl filter.
    Do you have the filter plugged in at the main demarkation point.

When the BB is plugged in plug analogue phone into the spare socket on the filter and make a call, if u can then the line is fine and the problem is your fax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

cord wrote: »
    Could that be the problem? Any ideas please :confused:

The point of a filter is to spilt the line and block out high noise ratio on the line. I think you where lucky with the fax working previously, but i think the chances are very slim it will work again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Check th cable on the fax machine, you should be able to hook up a fax machine to any line that you can here a dial tone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks for the replies. The DSL filter is plugged in to the RJ11 socket on the wall. The BB router is plugged in the DSL side of the filter, while I have a two way spliter on the phone side of the filter, one for the fax and the other for a POT's. Hope you all understand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

cord wrote: »
    while I have a two way spliter on the phone side of the filter, one for the fax and the other for a POT's.

There's your problem, take out the 2 way filter, does the BB and the POT work

• Advertisement
Advertisement