Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible to Block Incoming Private Numbers to a Mobile?

• 06-12-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if it is possible to block incoming calls from "private" numbers to a mobile.

If I cannot see the number or who is calling from my address book I want the number to be blocked or cutoff.

Possible ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

yeah, there's usually a way to only accept numbers from your phone book. Try looking in your phones call settings. What phone do you have by the way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

eddiem74 wrote: »
    I am just wondering if it is possible to block incoming calls from "private" numbers to a mobile.

If I cannot see the number or who is calling from my address book I want the number to be blocked or cutoff.

Possible ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
    This option can only be done on your phone and not with the network (generally.. yes, someone always seems to have an exception.. but I'll be dammed if I've ever actually seen it done or been able to get it done).

Which phone do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

It's actually my daughters phone. She has been getting prank calls from a private/blocked number and I wanted to see if there was a way to stop it.

Her current phone is:

Sony Ericsson Z310i

Soon to be at Christmas:

Sony Ericsson V630i

Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

My old Samsung D500 was able to do this.

You could blok all private and other numbers also. You could use wild cards so blocking a network was possible.

There was a modified firmware for this phone that enabled blocking of sms also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Don't think you can do it with your (daughters) old phone but you can do it with the new one. It's the 'Accept Calls' feature where you can choose to accept calls only from numbers you select from your contacts list.

Should be - Settings > Calls tab > Manage Calls > Accept Calls > Only from list > Edit > Add (Contact or groups).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Ok thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

hi sorrydont mean to thread steal but does anyone know how to block private nos on a nokia 6070

Advertisement