Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Sligo website...

Options
  • 06-12-2007 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Why the fcuk do they have to put absolute ginger mingers on the front page? It's not exactly good advertisment for the IT :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

HEY! MF - that's my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Would you prefer if I said "She's a ride, I wanna do your sister" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

I think it's fine, it's better than having "beautiful people", it's meant to reflect society. Let's face it we Irish aren't exactly the most beautiful race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Speak for yourself:cool:

I think it's fine, it's better than having "beautiful people", it's meant to reflect society. Let's face it we Irish aren't exactly the most beautiful race.

Reflects society? Eh, we're not all ginger. One read head, I can accept.. but TWICE?! So we want Erasmus (sp?) or any potential students to think that we've all got red hair up here in Sligo IT? Wonderful...
    il_gatto wrote:
    Speak for yourself

I'm not ginger :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

aint it ironic how close the two words are,

(m)(g)inger

KStaford wrote: »
    aint it ironic how close the two words are,

(m)(g)inger

It's the fact that they rhyme that makes it such a nice phrase to use. I've seen some giner wimmins that I definately 'would' but if you prenounce it like "ging - er, minger" ... it just rhymes lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Why the fcuk do they have to put absolute ginger mingers on the front page? It's not exactly good advertisment for the IT :(

Hmmm, seems like a slightly racist comment John, what would you say if it was a black or asian person?

Hmmm, seems like a slightly racist comment John, what would you say if it was a black or asian person?

Racist? Against gingers? That doesn't even make sense, they're the same race as me. However, you can take your PC atttitude and shove it up your hole. Don't even try that line here.

If it was black, asian, pink, yellow, green, blue etc. i'd be delighted, at least there'd be some fcuking variety... I bet the next picture on the homepage they'll have the poor lass pickin spuds :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Relax John, I wasn't trying to offend you.

I was just trying to stick up for the girl on the website frontpage that you insulted. But I'll admit the "slightly racist" comment was not the right thing to say, I should have said "slightly derogoratory" or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JohnCleary wrote: »
    However, you can take your PC atttitude and shove it up your hole.

John tone it down a bit please. There is no need to be so aggressive towards other posters. He was just giving his opinion.

I wasn't trying to insult the girl in question - Jeez i'm not that frickin shallow. I probably should have worded my OP better. I was ranting at the fact that they used a red haired person twice. Lack of variety IMHO.

Are they trying to say that all the students (or girls even) at IT Sligo are redheads? Oh basquille where arth though in my time of need

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Don't think it's the girl on the front page you have to be worried about, I think it's the front page itself. state of the website. It's like a friggin rainbow. The old one was muck but it looks like it just got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Those lucky blacks and asians. They're rarely ginger, you know?:D (actually lot's of black people are ginger, but that would have ruined my quip:))

They seem to have changed the pic on the website. Must be coinsidence

Advertisement