Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband not working on phone line extension

Options
  • 06-12-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

My eircom broadband works out in my hall, however when I connect it up to a phone line in my sitting room the dsl light will not stay on permanently. The phone line is split at a junction in the hall were it feeds the hall and sitting room.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening. I have even removing the eircom DSL/phone splitter adapter and plugged straight into the phone box in the wall, however it still does not work.

Any suggestions

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

try putting a single filter on your hallway line and use the double filter in the sitting room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scuba27

Would you have any idea what the filters do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

scuba27 wrote: »
    Would you have any idea what the filters do

They separate the normal phone frequencies (approx 3.5KHz last I remember) from the ADSL ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did eircom replace your main socket with a double faced one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scuba27

The eircom socket is the old type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Looks like shoddy wiring or a dodgy phone socket in the sitting room so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

I had this issue with a Family members broadband as well.
    Eventually had to get Eircom out, callout fee of about 50 - I think, but they'd fix the issue for free if the problem was Eircoms. Turned out that one of the filters was broken. But the engineer would have sorted out the socket, if faulty wiring was the issue. (This wasn't going to be the case, because the house was < 1 year old.
    E50 might seem expensive but it'lll get the job done.

Advertisement