Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I need to eat 3000 cals a day to lose fat

Options
  • 06-12-2007 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I going to get back into trying to get fit after christmas as ive done nothing for the past 3-4 months , know shame on me. Im still 280lbs and 29%bf im pretty out of shape but I have a good muscle base and all i need is to strip all this fatoff.

I know in the past given my stats I have severely undereated when trying to diet which caused me to mess up and binge I was eating only 200o cals a day which at my size is too low. Drinking is one thing that I will go cold turkey on after xmas im considering going cold turkey altogether but im not sure if I should go on a diet like GEM did or a more relaxed on with a bit more carbs heres one diet I was thinking of

7.00 m1 eggwhites and oatmeal and 1 tbl spoon of udos oil in the oats
    9.00 workout(either upper/lower body weights or 20 minutes hiit aerobics)
    10.00 m2 myoplex and 2 bananas
    12.00 m3 cup of brown rice/chocken berast/broccoli
    3.00 m4 myoplex and 1 apple
    5.30 m5 salmon or lean beef/potato/veg
    8.00 m6 myoplex and 1 oarange
    10.30 m7 lowfat cottage cheese and lowfat yogurt

This diet is 3000 cals and has a speard of 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat

The other option is to do precision nutrition basically this diet wiill be quite low in carbs all meals except during ,and the 2 post workout feedings will be protein/fats/ and veg only meals. during and immediaely after working out i will have a sugary carb and whey isolate mix in a ratio of 2:1 carbs over protein and after that I will have starch carb and protein and veg meal.However to really speed up fat loss im considering taking out the sugary and starch carb alltogether and eat only protein/veg/fat meals and maybe some whey on its own with some bcaas during and post workout

let me know what you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

I think the above diet is fine for somebody who is 280lbs, I think that as long as you keep a clean diet, dont drink too much, cut out the crap and do some (any exercise) you will do fine - but you have to actually do it!

I saw your other post asking about g'ems diet, I think you are overthinking tihngs a bit - you are in 2 totally different positions and totally different needs. A 280lb guy can drop fat easily enough without having to go into macronutritional percentages of his diet.

Your problem is not that your diet is bad, it's that you havent done anything for 3-4 months. The above is fine, do it and keep doing it and YOU will be fine too!

As for the 3000kcals - I assume you used the formula in the stickies to work out what you need and dropped about 10% off that and came up with 3000? If so well done - and good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Change your macro spilt to 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fats as a strating point. When the weight loss slows go to 45/25/30.

That's what I did and was dropping .75-1kg a week easily without and cardio at all, and I started at around 16-17% so it's not like there was a huge amount of fat to go.

It's not complicated. There's no need for fancy equations. You don't need precision nutrition, you don't need GSD, what you do need is a bit of careful planning to see what sorta meals you can create to conform to the above macro breakdown. And you really really need to get started this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

thanks hanley with my stats and given the macro profile you recommended is 3000 cals a good starting point for me, again im 280lbs and 29%bf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

the amount of training is 45 minutes intense weightraining 3 days a week rotated with 20 mins intense aerobics 3 days a week

example mon,wed,fri is weights day

tues,thurs,sat

on sunday I will take the day off exercise and will stick to the diet I may have one cheat meal a week which will be chinese or indian, is one cheat meal a week ok

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I may have one cheat meal a week which will be chinese or indian, is one cheat meal a week ok

It depends on your goals. Do you want to reach them, or do you really want to reach them? Don't expect someone to rubberstamp a binge.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement