Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an Ultra?

Options
  • 06-12-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Because I want to get stuck into Crysis but from what Ive been reading its crapping all over the GT and probably will do the same to the revised GTS.
    I couldnt be arsed waiting anymore.I want to play games!!!:mad:

Ultra is still the daddy right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

The ultra is a waste of money,it too struggles with Crysis at the highest settings,even in sli....

Crysis just isnt playable with any video card at the highest settings (1900x1200, High Quality)

A GeForce 8800 Ultra (overclocked Gtx) can barely manage Crysis at 1600x1200 with high quality settings.without dropping under 20fps....

Spending €400 plus on that is madness imo....

My advice get a 3870HD for 200 notes and knock down the settings down to 1280x1024 High/medium Quality....And keep your money for Nvidia/Ati new stuff in March,which should eat Crysis....

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4SRZ&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=3870&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=342330

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have an ultra here plays it between 20-30fps with a core quad at 3ghz res at 1650x1050 everything on high with 16aa.

but tbh i wouldnt buy a gfx atm if you can hold out to feb the 9800 is due for release and will eat crysis for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

I dunno because my Ultra must be on steroids. Im running Crysis at 1920 by 1200 on my 24'' Dell 2407WFP on ultra details with no noticable slowdowns. Game looks amazing, all I hear is people are getting crappy performance but i seem to be an exception. My card is the MSI superclocked version running at 660mhz core 2300mhz memory. I tweaked the config files to attain ultra settings as I am on Windowa XP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

im on vista :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

which means grims usign dx10
    and god is using dx9 ,

dx9 is about 1.5 or 2x faster than dx10 in crysis atm.
    however , Dx10 does look better than dx9 , nomatter what superhighultramegaawesomemode ur running :P.

CSSource God: are you playing the retail game or the demo?
    because the demo was basically dx9 only..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

well holy god Papu!
    Just checked the back of the crysis dvd I got from Game this week and it says version DX9.
    hhmm I think Ive been had!

well holy god Papu!
    Just checked the back of the crysis dvd I got from Game this week and it says version DX9.
    hhmm I think Ive been had!

;/ its dx9 And dx10, i have no idea why the box says only dx9 , so does the ut2 box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

couple of things just to get back on track.

1.anyone know about SP3 for XP.theres some talk about it improving things a little.
    2.surely 2 8800GT's would handle this game well?

Ta.

couple of things just to get back on track.

1.anyone know about SP3 for XP.theres some talk about it improving things a little.
    2.surely 2 8800GT's would handle this game well?

Ta.

1-its on beta form now , early next year
    2- maybe a little better than an ultra

• Advertisement
Advertisement