Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

• 06-12-2007 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

anyone know where I can buy the rice papers or 'Banh Trang' needed to make vietnamese spring rolls (i.e. the raw ones - just lots of yummy herbs, veg and prawns wrapped in translucent rice paper) around Dublin or Drogheda? I tried two oriental shops in D1 and was suprised to find they didn't have them!

Thanks,

Rosie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Are you looking in the frozen section? They are usually there in a green or red pack.
    They are the same as the chinese spring roll skins.
    try asking for Po Piah skins maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Are you looking in the frozen section? They are usually there in a green or red pack.
    They are the same as the chinese spring roll skins.
    try asking for Po Piah skins maybe?

Not the same as the chinese spring roll wrappers. The spring roll wrappers are made from wheat, they will be cooked, so it doesn't matter if they have been frozen.

Fresh spring roll wrappers are made from rice paper. Dried - it usually comes in packets of large round sheets or occassionally wedges (quarter circles). Pop the rice paper disc into a shallow dish of very hot water for a couple of minutes to soften, before filling and rolling.

As these are not cooked before eating, don't buy frozen wrappers. This is what you are looking for. Sorry, I don't have a supplier in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Try the Asia Market in Drury Lane. They are not that difficult to source and are delicious.

Advertisement