Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom bb in post,didnt even order it!

Options
  • 06-12-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

received the bb package this eve in the post and never even requested it,the whole kit,just left it in the box...idiots,this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Does it have your account details in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

nope,weird eh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah , have you tried using it?

No,i dont want it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Doesn't really matter if you have the kit, your line still has to be activated for broadband. Ring them and explain as there is going to be somebody else waiting for there broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Evil Al

Make sure to ring and check that you're not being charged for it... they have been known to move people onto bundles somewhat randomly on occasion. A lot of their telesales are outsourced so a non-eircom employee in a callcentre can mistype an a/c number and suddenly you get charged for the bundle.

i called them the other day and said i want to cancel it and she said i could not at the moment because it was pending! that id have to wait until the 13th of dec until the order has gone through and only then could i cancel and then she said if its a thing i do get charged they would debit it back onto my card once its been sent back...she really didnt seem like she knew what she was talking about(Or did she)...i wonder,either way they aint getin jack **** off me...their mistake..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You should complain to Comreg right now, its some sales dro0id making his quote by defrauding you .

There is no point complaining to eircom when you are not a broadband customer

also complain to the NCA www.nca.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Swindon wrote: »
    received the bb package this eve in the post and never even requested it.
    i called them the other day and said i want to cancel it

Did you order it initially and then change your mind ?

no,i know post bit misleading....never ordered it full stop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

no,i know post bit misleading....never ordered it full stop...
    Then why tell them you want to cancel it. You should contact eircom to tell them to pick up their router etc and if they don't pick them up within 30 days then you own the equipment as they are unsolicited goods under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980. Also make sure you report them to comreg.

I wouldn't hold my breath for your refund. Took me 18 months to get refunded by them before.

axer wrote: »
    Then why tell them you want to cancel it. You should contact eircom to tell them to pick up their router etc and if they don't pick them up within 30 days then you own the equipment as they are unsolicited goods under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980. Also make sure you report them to comreg.

I wouldn't hold my breath for your refund. Took me 18 months to get refunded by them before.

ya i see what ur saying,im thinkin they might try and charge me for it in the next bill i receive...i will ring them again during the week and say that to them see what they say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ringing them is a really stupid idea. Make a formal WRITTEN complaint through their website . Here is the ( well hidden) link

http://www.eircom.ie/complaints

so i contacted comreg first who were great and got good advise,advised me to contact eircom again and request a copy of the supposed telephone call where my mum supposedly agreed to them sending out the kit...young annoying scanger on the phone said "YA DID,YA DID REQUES TA" my mum that is! couldnt get a word in with her so said ok send it out....phone call from them again today(wasnt in) mum answered and another very pleasant lady was very apolagetic on the phone saying there had been a big mistake and it should have never been sent out,that she would have to retrain the sales guy that FORCED it on my mum...that they would give 25 euro off the next phone bill for the inconvienience...shes due to contact me tomm on the mobile thinkin of saying were switching from eircom and that id like 100 or more euro off the next bill or else il gone from them :)...why not they sure have screwed enough people,wel see tomm i guess...thanks for replies guys...

Advertisement