Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Documentaries

• 06-12-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I would like to get into making radio documentaries. I've bought a H 4 zoom and a good mic that I am teaching myself to use. Has anyone any advice about radio docs in general.. ie what should I edit with, and if you make a good one is it difficult to get buyers for it.. notably Irish radio stations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd use Adobe Audition for editing. It's multi track editing abilities is excellent for pulling together layers of audio to make your documentary.

The Sound and Vision fund is a good way of getting money to make your documentary.

http://www.irtc.ie/broadcast_funding_scheme/index.html

Talk to your local community radio station about getting broadcasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Thanks very much for replying monkeyfudge.. that information is very useful and much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

No problem at all.

It's something I'm hoping to get back into myself.... I haven't done a documentary since college.

How are you finding the H4?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

I'm a complete novice at sound so I'm struggling with it, but that's me rather than the machine. It seems excellent judging by reviews and the little experience I have with it so far, but I've actually nothing to compare it with. I've got it and a good mic and I'm hoping to learn how to use them sufficiently well to make a doc in Africa in mid January - Feb.

Advertisement