Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 East Coast

• 06-12-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im planning on going on a J1 with a group of friends over summer '08 and was wondering if anybody had any previous experience or advice on where to go. The destinations thrown up so far include Boston, Cape Cod, New York, Chicago and Nantucket.

As the exams are starting soon we havnt had a chance to look into it too much so it would be great if anybody had anything to say on the matter. We basically are wondering about Jobs, accomodation and craic and whats the best place to go.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Wrong forum.

Dedicated forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=925

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

New York is a class city but very expensive accomodation. No way could you stay in Manhattan, you would have to go out to queens. Great transport with the subway though, wouldn't take long to get into Manhattan. Jobs would be in bars and restaurants or construction, plenty to go around if get out there early. Class city and very good nightlife.
    Other option in NY would be to go to the Hamptons which many do, although I was not there myself so can't comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UCDstudent

sorry about that, will I bother moving it to the other one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

BuffyBot will move it for you when she sees it.

You'll get a much better response there.

I've never done the ol' J1, but IMHO Boston is a much better city than NY, but I guess it depends what you want out of the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UCDstudent

yeah well thats the thing we wanted to find out what others thought about the whole thing since none of us have been before. Boston and New York sound cool.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*koffs* *checks genitals* She? O_o

Anyway..UCDstudent. There's a vast array of forums here on boards.ie..but if you had of read the rules (on the top of each forum) before you posted like your supposed to you would have known about Youth & Student travel ;)

Each forum has some rules - always read 'em!

Anyway, moving this over to Youth & Student Travel so that all the other J1'ers can give you advice :)

Advertisement