Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tomtom map shere

• 06-12-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

is the map shere on the tomtom anygood or should i get a garman ?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Get a Garmin, the Tom Tom units are faulty.They freeze and have to be reset and new software loaded.I brought mine back, they loaded new software and now it wont start up unless I take the card out and put it back in again.Went back again and they want to send it away for weeks without giving me a replacement,I told them to feic off because they broke it...Now Im stuck with it not turnining on properly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

So just because you got a faulty one they're all faulty?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yes , The mapshare works quite well . I link my unit once a week and there seem to be quit a few corrections coming through . I think its a good feature , it allows you to work with your maps on the go unlike many other units .

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

sharkman wrote: »
    Yes , The mapshare works quite well . I link my unit once a week and there seem to be quit a few corrections coming through . I think its a good feature , it allows you to work with your maps on the go unlike many other units .
    thanks guys i'll have a good look at them. there is a good sale on in harfords right now.. i'll go in but they don't seem to stock to many tomtom ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

eamon234 wrote: »
    So just because you got a faulty one they're all faulty?

Agreed.
    My One XL has worked flawlessly since day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Do you guys have the lasted maps are they any good for Ireland. I am using the 6.65 I think but it tells me map share is not compatable and I need to upgrade is it worth the 50 euros or so for the new maps>?

Advertisement