Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone 3g signal

Options
  • 06-12-2007 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

i picked this up today as its my only option and ill be bringing it back within 2 the two weeks if it keeps up as it is,

the signal keeps switching from 3g to hsdpa. when it's hsdpa i have 4 bars which i presume is ok but it switches back to 3g very quickly and stays 3g for a lot longer than it stays hsdpa. is this a common thing? it's a wild night out so maybe thats something to do with it but i doubt it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

Click Settings -> Choose Connection type -> 3G only, that will stop if flip flopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

yeah have tried that and it still seems to flip flop. very annoying.

there's a storm out, hopefully it will work better tomorrow but i'm just wishful thinking i reckon

EDIT: are there any other settings to be tweaked or updates required that might help give me a stable hsdpa connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Sleecting 3G only wont keep you on HSDPA, if you have 4 bars then it might be a problem with the cell, or there are a lot of people connecting to it, I am guessing if you use it in the middle of the night you will stay on HSDPA.

Sleecting 3G only wont keep you on HSDPA, if you have 4 bars then it might be a problem with the cell, or there are a lot of people connecting to it, I am guessing if you use it in the middle of the night you will stay on HSDPA.

only got it yesterday evening so can't say for sure yet. yeah have been getting 4 bars on hsdpa but it goes off after 30 secs and then comes back after a few minutes and so on... the 3g connection is crap at four bars so unless i can get a hsdpa all the time it's not much good to me. for those 30 seconds though when it works it seems pretty good. if only....... :rolleyes:

i live 4 miles out of town also, is it the amount of people in your area using it or the amount of people in total using a certain mast? in other words are people in the town 4 miles away affecting me or just the people across the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Everyone in the cell will be effecting you, not just the people across the road.
    3G cells breath, do a google search, there is a lot of good info.

If you are getting 4 bars there is nothing you will be able to do about improving your signal.

• Advertisement

If you are getting 4 bars there is nothing you will be able to do about improving your signal.

how many bars is it possible to get? i'm not really worried about the bars if it only stayed hsdpa! i will try later and see if there are any updates i can get, i'm keeping optimistic :D

Advertisement