Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 online help!

• 07-12-2007 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi I'm having problems accessing the internet via my 360. I currently have Netgear Wireless Internet Network set up, with 3 individual pcs running off it smoothly, and without a hitch.

I hooked the 360 upto one of them last night (a Dell Inspiron 1501, via the network cable connection) and could not connect to XBOX Live. It detected the network cable, and the Dell detected the 360, but it would not piggyback the internet connection to the console. I proceeded to input the 360's assigned ISP address into the Dell's McAfee Firewall's list of allowed ISPs, but to no avail.

Short of dishing out sixty quid for a wireless adapter for the XBOX (a waste IMHO) what can I do? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This can be a real pain to set up. I was trying to share my imac's wireless connection with my 360 for weeks and eventually got it working only to run into all sorts of NAT problems. I just gave up a got the wireless adapter. Maybe it's easier with Windows... but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Damn. Sounds to me like the adapter will have to be bought so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm not sure how netgear works but with eircom netopia you go to the link below and select xbox live games from the list

http://192.168.1.254/indexRES.htm?natRES.htm

your firewall will need to be set to low as well for it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop which is connected to my eircom netopia router and for months i could not get xbox live to work and when i did i couldnt sort out the nat settings, however i just found a setup that works.
    If you bridge your local area connection and your wireless network connection, and set your firewall to low you should ba able to connect.
    It worked for me, if you need any info how how to bridge just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Yeah that would be great if you could explain the bridging process, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Its simple enough: Got to whichever pc you have your xbox connected to.
    1. Open network connections. To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
    2. Since your connected to the internet wirelessly, right click on your wireless internet connection and click disable. Also turn of ics (right click on wireless connection, click properties, click sharing at the top and uncheck the box)
    3. Next, highlight both the wireless connection and the local area connection, right click and click bridge connection. This will take a few minutes. When your done enable the wireless connection and check to make sure you can still connect to the internet.
    4. And thats it, done. Just make sure you set your firewall fo low from the netopia homepage (192.168.1.254),.
    5. Just one last think now, on the netopia homepage select export mode, then ok. Click configure, then advanced and then NAT. In the service name box select xbox live game and click enable. When it says 'select host device' select the computer you are using, and finally click enable.

Edit: Just saw you dont have a netopia router, it doesnt matter just figure out how to set the firewall to low, and dont bother with the nat. You should still be able to connect.

This worked for me, and i can play xbox live with nat settings open. For some reason microsoft does not support the this method. Let me now if you got it to work.

Advertisement