Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Fighter Magazine

• 07-12-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

does anybody know if the irish fighter magazine has a website or any ideas on how to order it.The local easons dosn't seem to get it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

just looking in one of my old magazines.

if you send a cheque, bank draft, money order of 20 euro to 'Irish Fighter' to Irish Fighter, P.O. Box 3827, Dublin 7, Ireland he'll post the next 4 issues to your door. You need to include your name, address and telephone number.

more contact info: fighter@iol.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mccaffertyt

cheers lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

It'll available through here soon also -> www.irishfighter.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Does anybody know if Irish Fighter magazine is still being published and where I might get a copy?

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

The September issue is out now I got a copy in easons the other day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

It has some awesome articles...especially in the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

It has some terrible articles.... especially on the pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I like reading about gradings/dinner dances in donegal. It's like Irelands own with attitude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote: »
    I like reading about gradings/dinner dances in donegal. It's like Irelands own with attitude

All joking aside, I like to read about other styles gradings too.

Many thanks, my local Easons does'nt get it, would you mind looking in your copy to see if it gives a contact address for subscriptions, I would greatly appreciate that.

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Stanford wrote: »
    Many thanks, my local Easons does'nt get it, would you mind looking in your copy to see if it gives a contact address for subscriptions, I would greatly appreciate that.

S
    Give this guy a ring, his name is Rob Corwell and he looks after it 086 2472030

Give this guy a ring, his name is Rob Corwell and he looks after it 086 2472030
    He's on hols send him an email fighter.at.iol.com

Many thanks for the contact details.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I love Irish fighter, except for the makey-up Chinese medicine stuff in it. One of the first things I buy when I get back to Ireland.

Wonder if it can be shipped to Oz on subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I love Irish fighter, except for the makey-up Chinese medicine stuff in it.

I haven't bought Irish Fighter in quite a while - does it have regular medicine articles in it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

boru has been writing 'chinese medicine' articles for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I love Irish fighter, except for the makey-up Chinese medicine stuff in it. One of the first things I buy when I get back to Ireland.
    I love the way actual medicine is referred to as ‘western medicine’ is these types of articles. :rolleyes::)

He hasn't been around here in a while. I was always wondering what ALL those letters mean after his name :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The mans wears a long white coat, how DARE anyone question his credentials :mad:

Do none of you rate Acupuncture at all? Is this the "makey-up Chinese Medicine" referred to earlier in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Do none of you rate Acupuncture at all?
    It really depends on what you say about it. I've never read the magazine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Do none of you rate Acupuncture at all? Is this the "makey-up Chinese Medicine" referred to earlier in this thread?

im pretty sure thats a treatment just like massage and not medicine..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Acupuncture has some limited evidence for certain conditions. It's the only alternative medicine that I would ever recommend to anyone. But only for certain conditions, and under certain circumstances.

Though the way they say it works is pretty much made up. I don't know how it works, but it definitely works for some people.

Acupuncture has some limited evidence for certain conditions. It's the only alternative medicine that I would ever recommend to anyone. But only for certain conditions, and under certain circumstances.

Though the way they say it works is pretty much made up. I don't know how it works, but it definitely works for some people.

When I lived in South Korea, I went for acupuncture to treat headaches and sore throat (the pollution in Inchon is awful!). It really helped me a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

It's the only alternative medicine that I would ever recommend to anyone.

you know what they call 'alternative medicine' thats been proven to work?

'medicine'
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Alternative medicine? Cough..... placebo effect..... cough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

If you beleave it works. All in the mind :confused:

Good old Sunday night/monday morning posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement