Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinema Naas

Options
  • 07-12-2007 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have bad experiences with this place? I think it's a joke, 3 out of 4 of the films I've seen there, there have been problems with. I remember smoking aces the screen was 'fuzzy' or not properly focused for the entire film, Beowolf had some kind intermittent rumbling/droning sound from the speakers that started after a 20 minutes and contineud till the end that was extremely irritating and made it harder to hear the film itself.
    Then last night I hear that they left some phil collins song playing for 5-10 minutes into the Hitman film and had various issues with restarting it that took more time. Then when they actually did restart it they started right back at THE ADS BEFORE THE TRAILERS, so people were gonna have to sit through 15-20 mins of ad/trailers before they could watch the film. That was when they started walking out. If I had've been at that showing I would've asked for the manager and told them to cop themselves the f%^k on. This must be the worst run cinema in the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I've been there a few times now and it seemed fine to me. They must have had some new staff or something the few times you were there, or maybe I was just lucky. Anyway bring back Dara Cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I've been twice, and my frinds have been several times and none of us have ever had any trouble.

Maybe you are just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I've been and I've experienced trouble but I complained and was very well looked after with my problems being attended to and some complimentary passes. What you'd expect of a well run business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Yeah i had a few probs alrite, was there for the smokin aces thing that was annoying!

Very badly run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I've been a few times and had no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Apart from the smell of piss in screen 2 (its right above the toilets) and the constant chatter and laughing out loud from teens, I'v had no problems :) gotta love the seats that you can lift the armrest up and snuggle your cinema date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Only problem I had was that the place was like a sauna one time... maybe someone forgot about the air con ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I know the dude who owns the place, he's the same guy who owns Jones' pub in Clane. It's a bit surprising that it's so ****ty, since he seems to be on the level (I worked in Jones' for a year a while back).

I'd say a pointed complaint in writing would probably do something. The staff there in your average friday night are probably pretty powerless to fix anything.

Or of course, vote with your feet and head to VUE in liffey valley :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RJGMovie

I also had a bad experience at Storm, Naas. During a recent film, with our kids, the sound quality was very poor. It sounded like a poor quality tape. Luckily it did not ruin it for the kids. There was no manager around after the film, so I sent them an email, which they ignored. It was only when I sent an email to Storm in the UK, that they responded, telling me that nobody else compIained and that I should have complained on the night.

MY ADVICE: Dont waste a good night out at this place.
    I WILL NOT BE RETURNING. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Fuzzy noise all the way through the film

Have to queue for tickets at the food counter = much slower to buy them

Food prices ludicrous even by cinema standards

Once took half an hour to get out of the atrociously planned carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Never had any problems with the cinema. It pisses me off having to pay to park in the place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Never had any problems with Storm in Naas till the car parking charges were brought in.
    Haven't been back since nor will I be returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cowenstaff

Its a dirty dingy kip - the carpet hasnt been hoovered in ages - nobody has a clue what they're doing - parking is a joke - its like something out of the matrix (sppokey underground) and it smells of pewtrid puke all the time.

I have a good scrub any time ive been near the place.

But the kids enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Having to pay for parking is a joke, and the sweets there are crazily overpriced. Never had any problems with quality though.

Bring back the Oscar!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Having to pay for parking.............are they taking the p...!!!!

Unfortunately not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cinemagoer

Hi folks, Im an avid cinema goer at im always using Storm in naas. Ive never had a problem except when the carpark came in around xmas. I went up to have a chat with one of the staff and I was asked to wait for a supervisor who would assist me. A young man came up, think his name was peter or paul or somethin. He said that the carpark belonged to the developer of the whole park. His name is dominic fagan and the supervisor gave me a number for his office if i wanted to persue it further. He then gave me 2 free tickets to come back again because of the inconvienence. I thought that was well delt with even if the carpark doesnt belong to the cinema. I think that the staff are a bit young but the management seems very capable although i didnt know bout the bad experiences that others had. Id say give Storm a try again. I still go most weeks and it only costs €1 to get out and I get out within 10 mins of leaving the movie. There are two more machines outside too. but everyone seems to que in the building. As well it seems that the hotel is owned by the same person. I was talking to a mate of mine and he say that <snip></snip>

He also owens a pub in Clane!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 remylebeau

I'v been there lots of times no problems at all. Firstly the cinema IS NOT owned by Dominic Fagan he only owns the premises. It was also his idea to pay for parking not the cinemas, sure it was the cinemas idea to make it cheaper for their customers. If there is a problem with a film it CAN'T be rewinded like a dvd, it has to start from the very start. Yes sometime the place does have popcorn on the floor or whatever but that is only during or just after busy times and it is always cleaned up straight away. Yeah there is some young staff but come on they aren't trained to deal with complains and its not up to them to set the prices. Give them a break.icon6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

remylebeau wrote: »
    I'v been there lots of times no problems at all. Firstly the cinema IS NOT owned by Dominic Fagan he only owns the premises. It was also his idea to pay for parking not the cinemas, sure it was the cinemas idea to make it cheaper for their customers. If there is a problem with a film it CAN'T be rewinded like a dvd, it has to start from the very start. Yes sometime the place does have popcorn on the floor or whatever but that is only during or just after busy times and it is always cleaned up straight away. Yeah there is some young staff but come on they aren't trained to deal with complains and its not up to them to set the prices. Give them a break.icon6.gif

Are you typing this from the managers office in the Storm Cinema in Naas or are you on a day off today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Give them a break

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 remylebeau

If instead of exploding at the first staff memeber you see, ask question and you will find out stuff like that the car park is the Hotels fault. And other stuff like that. How do you think I found out that stuff.

Don't suppose some sort of a petition to the effect of not going back there because of the pay parking situation would work. If he doesn't know about it he's hardly going to care, assuming he cares in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

At the end of the day it is an absolute joke for a cinema's customers to have to put up with pay parking no matter what way you look at it.

Couldn't agree more Pub07!

How do you think I found out that stuff.

Because you are the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Folks - enough. Unless you have proof, stop slinging mud.

If the thread doesn't take a u-turn away from this, it'll end up being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's all a storm in a teacup anyway - lol.

Was there today at 2.00pm with grandaughter,we were the only people in the cinema,staff very nice and there is also discount if you get your parking ticket validated by staff member,dident notice though until I had paid 2euro.Pleasent enough there today.

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Folks - enough. Unless you have proof, stop slinging mud.

If the thread doesn't take a u-turn away from this, it'll end up being closed.

Proof of what ? The place is a dump - enough people here have said so I have seen it with my own eyes numerous times (and will not be seeing it again). Filthy joint with unhelpful staff and the parking situation is doing it no favours even if it is imposed on it by someone else in the complex.

As regards my comments about remylebleu - are you telling me that someone with two posts to their names both defending the Cinema are not a stakeholder of some sort.

What is the point of this forum if people cannot warn other Kildare dwellers to avoid this place as it does not represent value for money when you have other cinemas 15 more minutes up the road of much higher quality. If you close this thread you render this whole forum pointless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement