Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinema Naas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I used to live there! I only went to the cinema a couple of times tho. I dont remember it being up to much, but at least the film was watchable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

grubby, floors always sticky,ALWAYS! films crap quality, 30% are chinese, 40% are polish, 20% are of other eastern back round and 10% irish. all of which have no english, and no inter personal skills

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stingray75

it is shocking that a cinema can get it wrong on so many counts.

1. pay-parking - enough said about that one.
    2. queueing for tix at the food counter - same
    3. might as well be in poland at the flix - learn some english FFS! and clean up a bit.

4. on the last 3 occasions i have been in Storm, my healthily balanced laser card has been declined. i get to look like a gobshíte in front of some schoolkid and the queue behind me because their laser facility rarely works. BEWARE.

No signs, no apology, no manager - ever.

THAT is the main reason i go to VUE now.

lets compare tht to carlow.

1. pay parking also.
    2.ques at the food counter, for tickets- most people who go to the cinema buy popcorn, efficenty mate.
    3. we have had polish invasion, deal with it! please refer to my post #63
    4. been there a coupletime and paid with a lazer, no problem! if you feel there is a problem with their machines, go to the atm first.
    5. have you asked for a manager? there is always one there, might have to be called, as i know one of the weekend managers, is now the projectionist, so might be upstairs cutting films, but he will hear you out.

storm cinemas naas. great cinema, has a few problems, but ever cinema, shop, and any where that takes your money, has them, just because storm is in a small area they become apparent.

aynon wrote: »
    lets compare tht to carlow.

1. pay parking also.
    2.ques at the food counter, for tickets- most people who go to the cinema buy popcorn, efficenty mate.
    4. been there a coupletime and paid with a lazer, no problem! if you feel there is a problem with their machines, go to the atm first.
    5. have you asked for a manager? there is always one there, might have to be called, as i know one of the weekend managers, is now the projectionist, so might be upstairs cutting films, but he will hear you out.

storm cinemas naas. great cinema, has a few problems, but ever cinema, shop, and any where that takes your money, has them, just because storm is in a small area they become apparent.

they have a problem with AIB laser. they make it out to be your fault. the manager is never available. pay parking means it takes 20 mins to get out the place. food and tix together is not efficient, it's so you have money/plastic already in your hand when you see the food.

if you want to put up with this kind of amateurism be my guest.

• Advertisement

im an aib customer used my blue aib lazer card.
    have you ever done sales?
    catch your customer when hes paying for the product. its called a link sale. i.e. buy a bucket of paint you need a brush. buy a ticket. buy a bucket of popcorn!

pay parking is everywhere, deal with it, at least they validate your parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

efficenty mate.

?????

All employees from eastern europe are not Polish. Some E European staff in Storm give much better customer service that the typical Irish 'wha' answer.

storm cinemas naas. great cinema, has a few problems, but every cinema, shop, and any where that takes your money, has them, just because storm is in a small area they become apparent.

They've had how long now to iron out their teething problems? It's far from a great cinema, average at best.
    catch your customer when hes paying for the product. its called a link sale. i.e. buy a bucket of paint you need a brush. buy a ticket. buy a bucket of popcorn!

Yes, on the customer side of the cinema counter. P..s off your customers and they dont return. Not everyone wants to buy overpriced cinema food to enjoy the cinema experience.

I have a small problem with pay parking at Storm but its cheaper than having to pay fuel to drive to Dublin. I realise pay parking wasnt introduced by Storm but I havent returned since it took me 30 min to drive out of the car park - I'll now gladly drive to Vue - easier on my blood pressure, clutch and engine. 'Drive out' is a bit misleading, it was more like taking 15 min to reverse out of a parking space and then edging forward a few cm every few minutes. That leaves me with the option to return to Storm offpeak for an old/unpopular release or park illegally on the main road.

?????

1All employees from eastern europe are not Polish. Some E European staff in Storm give much better customer service that the typical Irish 'wha' answer.

2They've had how long now to iron out their teething problems? It's far from a great cinema, average at best.

3Yes, on the customer side of the cinema counter. P..s off your customers and they dont return. Not everyone wants to buy overpriced cinema food to enjoy the cinema experience.

4I have a small problem with pay parking at Storm but its cheaper than having to pay fuel to drive to Dublin. I realise pay parking wasnt introduced by Storm but I havent returned since it took me 30 min to drive out of the car park - I'll now gladly drive to Vue - easier on my blood pressure, clutch and engine. 'Drive out' is a bit misleading, it was more like taking 15 min to reverse out of a parking space and then edging forward a few cm every few minutes. That leaves me with the option to return to Storm offpeak for an old/unpopular release or park illegally on the main road.

on point 1: yes not all eatern europeans are polish, but it has been termed the "polish invasion", due to 95% of them actually being polish. whens the last time you met a non-polish shopkeep not irish? .....exactly...

point2: thats not what im getting at, i mean shops etc, always have problems that, no matter how long their open, they either dont or cant iron them out. deal with it. if you feel tht there is a problem locally, email head office(now uci,i think), or get the owners no(which the mangers there have no problem handing out), and complain to him!

point3: yes, not everyone wants to buy overpriced cinema food, but the truth is 90% of people do.

point 4: its not our fault you cant drive, do like your supposed to do in the driving test, reverse into your space, drive out easy, and your away!

on point 1: yes not all eastern europeans are polish, but it has been termed the "polish invasion", due to 95% of them actually being polish. whens the last time you met a non-polish shopkeep not irish? .....exactly...

Lunchtime today, served by a German and Russian!!
    point2: thats not what im getting at, i... deal with it. if you feel tht there is a problem locally, email head office(now uci,i think), or get the owners no(which the mangers there have no problem handing out), and complain to him!

They've had at least 12 months to iron out their problems. I have dealt with it, I complained about the wrong film being shown, went into screen indicated on my ticket and message boards, ten minutes past starting time and they show a completely different film. Got a refund on tickets and parking.
    point3: yes, not everyone wants to buy overpriced cinema food, but the truth is 90% of people do.

Not anybody I know with kids. Ever notice the significant amount of families bringing in food & drinks? Significant = more than 10%. We we go without children we only get drinks.
    point 4: its not our fault you cant drive, do like your supposed to do in the driving test, reverse into your space, drive out easy, and your away!

I can drive, I just choose not to reverse into bumper to bumper stationary cars behind me. Trying to drive out of the parking space in 1st gear would have left me with the same problems. I have advanced driving training for my job. My driving test never had any parking element apart from reverse parallel. Again I've dealt with this issue by not returning unless its off-peak.
    point 4: its not our fault

Is that the royal 'we' or 'Storm Inc'?

were you in dublin, granturismo? naas, is more multi cultural any way....

anyway, back at point2, again, not what i was getting at... all companies that take money have problems no matter how old.

point 3: still more then 50% buy food at the cinema. still more economical to buy tickets and food, its cheaper for them one person in 2 jobs.

point 4: yes royal we, and anyone who calls themselves grantrismo cant obviously drive in the reall world, good luck with that

• Advertisement

were you in dublin, granturismo? naas, is more multi cultural any way....

No, today it was cosmopolitan Maynooth
    anyway, back at point2, again, not what i was getting at... all companies that take money have problems no matter how old.

Yes, but the same issues keep arising and if a service industry doesnt address them, then Storm need new customers to turn over those they loose through these repeated organisational failings. I would much prefer to support a locally, albeit multinational industry but not when the night out is ruined time after time.
    point 3: still more then 50% buy food at the cinema. still more economical to buy tickets and food, its cheaper for them one person in 2 jobs.

Originally 95% and now 50%. It's really irrelevant but Storm know its annoying their customers, they've chosen to save on salaries to make it more difficult for the customer. Fair enough if their profit margin is acceptable to them. Again, they must have enough of a customer turn over.
    point 4: yes royal we, and anyone who calls themselves granturismo cant obviously drive in the reall world, good luck with that

I think your view is in the minority in this thread and also here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055209183. Google gran turismo and you'll find an album title rather than anything related to grand theft auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If people don't begin to check their hackles at the door, this thread is on a limited lifespan...

BuffyBot wrote: »
    If people don't begin to check their hackles at the door, this thread is on a limited lifespan...

Point taken.:)

your raising my blood, may we agree to disagree?

im an aib customer used my blue aib lazer card.

this is the only cinema i've ever been to where the tix/food counters are not separated. i also think it is common courtesy to provide at least one stand-alone ticket desk. it wasn't like that when it opened either. smacks of desperation, but i'm no longer playing ball with an operator that has systematically phased in aspects of their 'experience' that diminish it significantly.

but if you're happy to accept a sub-standard product, and defend it, well i say best of luck to you, you're the reason they get away with.

<mudsling>obviously you've never been to an american cinema. a proper cinema. all the ones i was at had a combined food/tix counter.</mudsling>

</thread>

<mudsling>obviously you've never been to an american cinema. a proper cinema. all the ones i was at had a combined food/tix counter.</mudsling>

</thread>

oh well that's that settled, me told, and the problem solved.

how silly and reckless of me to disagree with somebody who's "been to america".

i should probably take myself down to Storm and congratulate them...

<mudsling> yes you should (wags finger) naughty boy </mudsling>

brand new cinema following example of current trends. as examplified by the americans.

<killthread>

<mudsling> yes you should (wags finger) naughty boy </mudsling>

brand new cinema following example of current trends. as examplified by the americans.

<killthread>

they don't do everything right you know. starting with cinema kiosks, wars, ideological freedom, etc...

agreed, but it is a leader usually in threads, being the home of hollywood(not wicklow), as is england. you do understand that

• Advertisement

agreed, but it is a leader usually in threads, being the home of hollywood(not wicklow), as is england. you do understand that

do you mean 'trends'?

do you also think that an american/british-led trend is automatically an improvement?

see this children?take note, this is called a nit picker,

it mighten be an improvement, but its the trend DAMMIT! see the trend atm in movies, is scary movies.

the trend in building and design is american. deal the f..k with it!

<murderthread>

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

People just cannot read.

aynon, be on better behaviour in future.
    stingray75 - when we ask for people to mind their behaviour on a thread, we don't expect people to come along and disregard that request..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement