Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird dog behaviour

• 07-12-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Our 5 year old terrier has taken to staring at the same point on the wall for hours on end. There is nothing there that should hold her interest like that.

Anyone come across similar behaviour? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

One of my cats does this too, but not for hours - maybe 15/20 mins at a time - I have come to the conclusion that he is meditating! :D
    Or else just asleep with his eyes open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd get her checked by the vet ...*could* be an early warning sign for something like epilepsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

My dog had a severe form of epilepsy. He used to take seisures every month or so. They ranged from:

1. Not moving, just standing and looking (like the OP described)
    2. Swaying side to side constantly looking at the same thing.
    3. Rolling around, bumping into things, rolling off the couch at some stage (couldnt prevent it)
    4. Constant growling, again you could tell he was having a fit because of the eyes. They just werent focused on anything.

After a fit, he would usually be panting, and quite thirsty....go straight to his water bowl. And also, he would still be a bit dozey, stumbling around the place (he was a king charles spaniel). So maybe, yes, it is the beginning of epilepsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Thanks for the replies. Don't think its epilepsy as she comes away when you call her and is fully alert. She just goes back to the same spot and stares at the same point. She's freaking me out. I'll keep her away from it and see if she forgets about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

A ghost perhaps?Dogs are psychic after all.
    Sounds like a friendly ghost tho,dogs can tell bad spirits and won't go near...

• Advertisement
Advertisement