Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lap dancing club

Options
  • 07-12-2007 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

anyone know the full story, just heard tail end of something on the radio thurs , something different for kk for a change:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Apparently Whispers Lap Dancing clubs have purchased The Widows and some concerned local people are not v. happy about it!

Can't say I'm over-enthusiastic about it myself - but then I was raised by a feminist and have this strange and old-fashioned idea that objectifying women into nothing more than sex toys isn't a good basis for equality. I know - I'm a dinosaur! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest it certainly didn't add anything to Waterford,
    imho its of no benefit to Kilkenny and as such should not go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

They should call it Whiskers to keep all ye Cats happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

"down with that type of thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Does it not seem a bit weird to people that we're getting a lap dancing club but we're still not allowed drink after 1.30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

it doesn't really bother me, but i don't think its the right location for it - across from the theatre. john street area would be better.

not sure how well it would do though, i reckon that once the novelty wears off it will struggle. i can certainly think of better ways of spending my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Personally, I would have no interest in a lap dancing club. It will probably only appeal to stag parties. It should really be situated up a side street opposed to one of the major streets in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

wheres the widows?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Near the Pump House Opposite the theatre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

A lot of these places have opened up then closed down again. If this one comes about, it probably won't last either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Well Kilkenny is such a drink tourist (hens, stags etc.) town that they could keep a business like this going. I definitely wouldnt go to a strip club in my hometown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ergonomics wrote: »
    Does it not seem a bit weird to people that we're getting a lap dancing club but we're still not allowed drink after 1.30?
    That is abit weird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 OMEGA-KNO3

they should have made one in Carlow cause thats where i live and Kilkenny is a bit too rural to have any type of club like a lap, poll or strip club and Carlow already has an sex store so why can't it be here we had a few brothels around graiguecullen so why not a strip club here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ha! Rural

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh, having lived in both towns I'd rank Kilkenny and Carlow pretty much the same for ruralness!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Any word on this?

Kilkenny's got a sex shop as well dontcha know! At the moment it's got two oddly shaped shrubs outside the gates with blue lights wrapped around them. God only knows what they mean. :eek:

I saw them alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I think I heard on the radio this morning that the club got permission to go ahead.

I saw it in the mirror.
    Now all you have to do is sit on your hands!

• Advertisement

heard its free tonight, anyone going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Plug wrote: »
    heard its free tonight, anyone going down?

Nah, got a birthday party to attend tonight. Besides, herself would tar and feather me. :o

Nah, got a birthday party to attend tonight. Besides, herself would tar and feather me. :o
    sure bring her out there aswel, she might change her mind;)

:D

Well, one thing's for sure. It's generating a LOT of free publicity for the proprietors.....

no lap dancing tonight or nothing only drink and stuff. Its over 21's.

That must've been a big disappointment for you, Plug :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is this one run by the Latvian mafia?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

did this open already? anyone going to admit to going to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Apparently so. There were pics of the dancers in yesterdays Daily mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

zootroid wrote: »
    it doesn't really bother me, but i don't think its the right location for it - across from the theatre. john street area would be better.

not sure how well it would do though, i reckon that once the novelty wears off it will struggle. i can certainly think of better ways of spending my money!
    as regards location it is almost opposite sex shop !! Johns street already has to deal with rampaging hen / stag parties .lap dancing clubs / sex shops and numerous nightclubs /pubs yet no playground or organised youth facilities i think we can all see where kilkenny is heading !!!

Advertisement