Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering Hatton v Mayweather

• 07-12-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just wondering, is it possilbe to order the fight on sky after the programme has kicked off? IIRC the coverage begins at 11pm, though the fight isnt until 3am? Can someone confirm?

So basically (:) ) I dont have sky in my current gaff, and would have to fly round to my mams to order the fight. Problem being I wont get the chance to go around to hers until maybe after 11pm tomorrow. So if i come in after midnight, can I order the fight? Or does it have to be pre booked?

Also whats the ntl situation via ntl digital? Can it be ordered? (anyone i know interested has NTL. I only have poxy old ntl with the 16 odd channels, not my decision but nobody else here is willing to chip in for an upgrade :( )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't know for sure, but its probably on multistart, and will be repeated 20 times in the next week. :)

Best thing to do is call Sky and ask them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

well NTL text me asking if I would like to order it for only €21.95. Have to call them to order(on Digital)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If you order on Sky Box Office and do not turn on the channels for the duration of the event (including repeats), you will not be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

(never mind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Have read its available on ntl if you call them. Do I have to have the bank details or any special info of the person who owns the nl account? Or do we just quote her name, give the box serial number or whatever and we are sorted?

Thing is, watchin it at my mates, wondering whether we need his landladys info. Or can we just quote her name/address and it ill appear on the next bill, we give her the cash. ntl arent picking up the phone at the minute.

Also can i pay for it with a 3v card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    If you order on Sky Box Office and do not turn on the channels for the duration of the event (including repeats), you will not be charged.

What do you mean?
    If you order the fight and don't watch it, you don't pay for it?
    What if you just don't order it and save yourself the hassle.
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is simple really. People order events in advance and then may not want to watch it or watch it elsewhere. By not watching the event Sky wont take money.

Advertisement