Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Road!!! whats the bleeding story

• 07-12-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Its brutal,

anyone know when its gona be finished.

Two sets of traffic lights on it now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I went down it last weekend and yep its poor, I would'nt expect it to be done until the summer.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

The airport road is an absolute disgrace. There are potholes the size of football fields on it! It is a disgrace. And the worse thing is - there is a sign that says it is going to be 12 months to finish.

Why does that bloody road cleaner feel the need to go up and down every day and the time i am going to work !! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

12 months?

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tis a right mess, my car was filthy after driving down it. On business out in the park there, so was out a few times - not a happy camper. Traffic was a mess also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

well unfortunately for you guys the road sweeper needs to do this as a safety meassure 'cause should anyone have an accident on a slippy mucky road then there'd be hell to pay by someone. Ever since that school bus accident city and county councils have been overly precautious about road works or works taking place near roads. The roads must be kept clean.

as for the 12 months sign was this put up before or after the archeological find, as this will have been a major factor in the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

Sully wrote: »
    Tis a right mess, my car was filthy after driving down it. On business out in the park there, so was out a few times - not a happy camper. Traffic was a mess also.

head out the tramore road and across towards dunmore and u'll avoid all that crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

I have no objection to the road sweeper doing his job, its just i am always unlucky and end up stuck behind him when i am in a hurry to get to work.

As for going the other way - not worth it - its almost as bad at the other side - lights at both side of the airport!!

the sign for 12 months was put up when the work started on the road and not when the dig was taking place. the dig never really hampered the traffic on that road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

head out the tramore road and across towards dunmore and u'll avoid all that crap

I had to head into the city after that to meet another business, so it didnt make a difference.. then back from Waterford to the business park :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

I've never heard so many people moan about something that is going to make things a hell of alot better for people getting to work and for the development of the airport. It's the same with every piece of roadworks that happen, just grin and bear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

sm123_irl wrote: »
    I've never heard so many people moan about something that is going to make things a hell of alot better for people getting to work and for the development of the airport. It's the same with every piece of roadworks that happen, just grin and bear it.

Spot on, progress demands sacrifice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

progress demands sacrifice.

Wow, very pithy, almost Totalitarian in its message. Did Mao say that? :D

Wonder what Brendan McCann would say (before Chairman Ballybrickenman lines him up against the wall...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

At least you will be getting something from the mess. The stretch of N24 at the exit from Roadstone Kilmacow is mucky/dusty all the time and there aren't even roadworks. Just trucks dragging concrete and whatever else onto the road for no reason. And the road sweeper there just seems to spread the muck about rather than clean it up.

fricatus wrote: »
    Wow, very pithy, almost Totalitarian in its message. Did Mao say that? :D

Wonder what Brendan McCann would say (before Chairman Ballybrickenman lines him up against the wall...)

My mother always said if I had any power I would be dangerous.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My mother always said if I had any power I would be dangerous.:D

If only you did, Ballybrickenman, Waterford would be like China... we'd be evicting people from whole streets and villages, left, right and centre, so as to get things built. There'd be skyscrapers and freeways all over the place. Oral hearing? What's an oral hearing? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Oral hearing? What's an oral hearing? :D

ermmm a BJ by ears:D:D:D

If only you did, Ballybrickenman, Waterford would be like China... we'd be evicting people from whole streets and villages, left, right and centre, so as to get things built. There'd be skyscrapers and freeways all over the place. Oral hearing? What's an oral hearing? :D

That is a very good summing up of me, you wouldn’t happen to be my mother, would you Fricatus.:D

Advertisement