Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built-In Wardrobe & Hinges

Options
  • 07-12-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get hinges for built in wardrobes that allow the door to pass through 90deg and open all the way back. I know the types of hinges can be gotten for kitchen presses etc but Im not sure if they would take the same wear and tear or weight of wardrobe doors. Ideally I would like to be able to swap out the current hinges but if new holes/fixings are needed its not a big issue. I was hoping someone here has used them and know how well they work or dont.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yes, you can get them for wardrobes alright.
    My parents had them fitted to allow a mirror on the back of door to be turned fully outwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hey 10-10-20,

Cheers for the feedback, excellent to know. I wonder if they are as good as the normal hinges. I was thinking of using the ones for kitchen presses but as I said the wear and tear and also the weight of a wardrobe door would be an issue. How long have they been in your parents place? Any problems?

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! They are there for 10 years or more and no issues.
    They are specifically designed to take wardrobe doors, and seem strong enough to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Get a good brand, like Blum, and they will take the weight no problem. A normal height wardrobe door should have 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

blum is the best brand, the hinges you need are 180 degree hinge with 4 the standard used on a robe door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for the feedback, its a big weight of my mind and it saves me alot of trouble. Im heading over to Noyeks Newmans tomorrow so I hope they will have them in stock.

Dave

Advertisement