Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call logging system

• 07-12-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Guys,

At the moment my company uses a call loggin utlitly backed of to SWL called Tesseract. (its pretty crap)

What i'm looking to do is find something that possbiley replaces that in the long term, but in the short term can manage the following.

We need to be able to send an email to support@mycompany.ie and it take the email and creates a ticket reference, then updates the sender of any action to that ticket.

Is there a open source product that can do this, i remember playing with something before but cant remember the name.....

Just testing at the moment so anything free or with a free trial would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm in the middle of implementing the exact same thing in my company. I've found Eventum to be exactly what I need. It creates tickets from emails, sends emails from one email address, emails people when they have a new ticket assigned to them etc. Not as nice as Clarify or Remedy but it's open source and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Take a look at RT. A lot of sites find it very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Theres a few:
    Spiceworks could do this.(and a lot more) http://www.spiceworks.com/
    Its not open source but I find it excellent (it is free)
    I've used software called RT in the past for this also.
    http://bestpractical.com/rt/

Theres a few more out there as well but I would recommend either of these.

Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Nice quick response...

Im not much of a linux head but that spice works one looks good.

installed it here but its a bit slow?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

We use Kayako, but it's not open source

I know we tried RT at some point, but I remember there were issues.. Can't remember the details of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

+1 on Kayako - excellent piece of software - Dont use the hosted option, host it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Anyone forgetting OTRS?

Original Flavour:

http://otrs.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Delirio

feylya wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of implementing the exact same thing in my company. I've found Eventum to be exactly what I need. It creates tickets from emails, sends emails from one email address, emails people when they have a new ticket assigned to them etc. Not as nice as Clarify or Remedy but it's open source and free.

I currently use Eventum. Pretty easy to use and implement.

Advertisement