Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smut.

Options
  • 07-12-2007 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I have recently finished all of Irvine Welsh's books from "Trainspotting" to "If you liked school, You'll love Work."
    All of which are smutty, sickening and emotional masterpieces. The fact that he writes in Scottish dialect is off-putting to many people (my mother is Scottish so I didn't have a problem).
    Is anyone else an Irvine Welsh fan, and if so, can you recommend another author that writes in the same style/subject matter etc.
    I've not come across anybody like him before or since...

P.S. go buy his books...absolute class.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no idea what you oughta be reading, but you can listen to this until someone reccomends something

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

thank you, Mordeth...kept me goin for a few minutes.
    I honestly havn't read anything since Welsh because everything seems so bland compared with his style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

I've only read Trainspotting and The Acid House but I really enjoyed both of them, Chuck Palahnuik would be a little bit similar to him in that his books are smutty, sickening and emotional. If you're going down that road I'd reccomend Survivor or Fight Club but I'm sure someone will come up with better ones closer to the style of Welsh.

Advertisement