Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lone Parent Tax credit

• 07-12-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My ex had a baby 12 weeks ago and I have since applied to change my tax credits as I have custody a couple of days a week. I got a reply outlining the credit etc but don't really understand them. I am on roughly 500 euro a week give or take and was wondering how they calculate the credits they give you.
    So roughly how much a week will I be better off, I have tried looking up info on this but don't understand it to be honest.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I am hoping that the money will be back dated as my son is almost 3 months old and the money would come in handy for Xmas.
    Cheers.
    Sham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

As for the money coming in handy for xmas not sure bu diont think it'll be much! My ex did this a few yrs bk when child was about 2 and didn't amount to a whole pile from what I can remember. Although I'm open to correction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

At 500e per week, it should take you out of the tax net completely. So you won't be paying any tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thanks for the replies folks,
    I wont rush out and buy the 42" lcd yet so..

Advertisement