Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Fuel burner - boiler or no boiler

Options
  • 07-12-2007 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi

I have two questions on the subject of heating:

I will soon be getting rid of an old jubillee range (it's had it's day) and want to install a multifuel burner. I have been told by salesmen that I cannot buy a multi fuel burner with an in built boiler as it would blow up if I don't use it. I have since had a builder in who has told me that this is not true and that I can buy one with a boiler and not use the boiler but just burn solid fuel to heat the room. The house is in dire need of refurbishing (damp and woodworm throughout) and so ideally I would like to buy a boiler so I can hook it up to radiators in the future and for the time being use the burner just to heat the room it is in.

The second questions relates to the burner's flue and chimney. Is it ok to have the flue ending after it enters the chimney? I have been told by the builder that there needs to be a 'sleeve' fitted to the flue all the way to the chimney and some insulation around the outside of the 'sleeve'. Is this necessary as I have no problems with the smoke form the Jubillee range I have at the moment?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

eam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY.
    Trust me, you'll get more help there.:D

Advertisement