Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships IN Army

• 07-12-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever done one or know about them. Ive put in for the blocklaying and electrican one. Anyone know the make up of them and where you are based during training for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i went about a hvm apprentiship there very hard to get,are you already enlisted or are you applying from the outside if you are its even harder to get. when i applyed for it there was 4 places and like 200 applyed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

i went about a hvm apprentiship there very hard to get,are you already enlisted or are you applying from the outside if you are its even harder to get. when i applyed for it there was 4 places and like 200 applyed

I am all ready in, been in just over two years. Yea been told they are really hard to get, just wanted a heads up on whats involved init

its the exact same as a normal 1 u go to fas its just that your in the army

its the exact same as a normal 1 u go to fas its just that your in the army

What way does the on the job training work?? Do you pick what employer you work for or does the army get you one and do you choose what fas place you goto??

im not sure but i think you go to the one thats nearet to your barracks,so i've heard and you go on work placement with the army i think with the engineers in your case as you are going for a block layer,with me i would of been on placement with transport

• Advertisement

Ah right grand, thanks for the help. I thought you went to a civvie employer for the off the job training. I doubt the engineers would be doing enough bricklaying for you to learn the trade.

yeah your right, i was thinking of my 1 where theres always vehicles to be maintained

Advertisement