Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Public Spaces: Your help is needed urgently!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is this really for a thesis? Some of your answers to questions seem quite unprofessional for a thesis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gdwyer

Yes it is, its an M.Sc in urban design. I am an Architect with about 10 years post grad experience.

I do see what you mean, the 'No, I told you...' etc, etc, but I really detest boring surveys myself, and was trying to find a more light hearted approach to obtaining the information I am seeking. Did you fill it out?

If you would like to be added to a list to receive the completed thesis, PM me, and I will add your email address.

Regards

G

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm interested to see it in terms of space utilisation. Are you sure you set up your survey correctly? It seems possible to pick contradictory answers?

You are right of course, it was my first attempt, not very experienced with these things, but looking at results already, very strong trends developing, so Im reasonably happy.

C'mon People! Please I need your opinions urgently!!!!!! Help!!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

gdwyer wrote: »

Yea...you do realise most people are studying for exams at the mo, among other important things.

Be patient, if people have time to contribute I'm sure they will. You only posted this 6 hours ago ffs.

EDIT - and having tried to do the survey, there's something wrong with it. When I do the "time spent outside" bit, it doesn't let me choose "no time" for more than one option. Me thinks you should do your sh1t on time and properly next time you decide to bump you survery 4 times in 3 hours!

Thanks 'big'jim, for the free advice, either fill out the survey and help me, or dont fill it out, but nasty messages like that arent really helpful.

It is an invite for people to express their views on Campus spaces, not an invite for criticisms on how I do things, or set things up, or bump things.

You look after your exams and your own deadlines, and I will look after mine thanks.

As I said, I tried to do it. And it wouldn't work.

My pointing about bumping this thread stands. It's rude, and people will get to your survey in their own time.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jim, you couldn't select 'no time' on more than one option because you were asked to rank them.

You have to have an IQ of at least, say.........20 to fill out the survey, hundreds have so far all ready, with no problems.

Thanks again for the unsolicited advice though.

Thanks Jim, you couldn't select 'no time' on more than one option because you were asked to rank them.

You have to have an IQ of at least, say.........20 to fill out the survey, hundreds have so far all ready, with no problems.

Touché.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I did the survey. No problems there although I would liked to have clicked the option of 'no time spent' in Question 3 more than once.

Also would a option of 'time spent' in the library studying and sourcing academic material be relevant to your study?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I agree with all bigjim said.

And yeah, there's something wrong with the ranking question....you can't exactly "rank" in regards to "no time", "little time", etc. because you could spend "little time" doing all of them. It should be ranked in order of what you do most....it doesnt really make sense :confused:

^ Indeed. The only time I spent in Belfield is in the library. So I spend "no time" in many of those places.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

"bumping" threads and acting in such an immature fashion - not exactly the mark of someone doing serious work on a thesis and trying to get people 'on side' to do your survey. big jim's points were perfectly right - you would do well to take his advice on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

gdwyer banned.

It irked me enough that you decided to just throw the survey up here without having the decency to ask a mod, but bumping it nonsensically and abusing the regulars is, frankly, just rude.

We don't like strangers in our town, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement