Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show some respect

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Don't go there Jizzy! People get right up annoyed at small things, even if they make sense... Ya, it was a terrible comment, but one which was probably funny in the context it was used it. People are too sensitive to be getting annoyed at what an anonymous person types on a forum...

i myself wouldnt go and say anyhting silly on one of her threads, let the dead have some sort of peace, but i cant understand how people can be so upset over her death. family and friends, yes. random online people, i dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Silverfish wrote: »
    What Thaed did: Posted. laughed her ass off

What Thaed did next: Got banned. went and got sloshed

:P

love you too Viri.

faceman wrote: »
    I could be mistaken but I think the point the OP is trying to make is that the comments made by the mods who had the hands smacked were totally inappropriate and in some cases, idiotic. Irregardless of bannings, its not really the behaviour that you would expect from individuals who were selected to moderate other forums on boards. Im sure the criteria for their selection didnt include their ability to post ban worthy material.

mods are posters too (and not just for christmas!) but surely there is a line where you have to say cop on lads. Granted they were banned or whatever but really they shouldnt have posted crap like that in the first place.

STOP TRYING TO OPRESS ME AND MAKE ME CONFORM TO SOME STANDARD YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

lol @ Mordeth! Brilliant!!!

And, ya, random epople do think they have a connection to celebrities...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Never heard of the bint until she landed herself in hospital from too much 'partying'.

Katy was a nice enough lass from interactions with her. Met her a few times and she was always nice and friendly.

Basically OP what i'm saying is that i at least have had some kind of interaction with the lass and am not baying for the blood of Mordeth ( who's blood i imagine tastes like 7up ) and Thae ( who's blood i imagine tastes like Canada Dry ).

In short, get thee over oneself mate.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing, Dragan talking about 'tasting' me or the fact he think he will find me to be 'dry' ;
    ffs I am only in my early 30s and no way near menopause...
    are you mixed me up with one of the other PI mods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

STOP TRYING TO OPRESS ME AND MAKE ME CONFORM TO SOME STANDARD YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEAD.

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ffs I am only in my early 30s and no way near menopause...
    are you mixed me up with one of the other PI mods ?

Lol, bye bye Thaed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Mordeth wrote: »

Nice find.
    Who is he? what show is it?

Dragan wrote: »
    Katy was a nice enough lass from interactions with her. Met her a few times and she was always nice and friendly.

Basically OP what i'm saying is that i at least have had some kind of interaction with the lass and am not baying for the blood of Mordeth ( who's blood i imagine tastes like 7up ) and Thae ( who's blood i imagine tastes like Canada Dry ).

In short, get thee over oneself mate.

Fair play to you.

How do you know I havent met her? Or any of the other posters for that matter? Irrelevant imho.

I dont need to get over myself chief as it was never that big a deal, I pointed out something that I thought was wrong, isnt that what this forum is for.

If you dont agree, then happy days, the internet is great isnt it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would like to paste the P.M. that sizzler sent to me relating to my posting in that thread.
    Ronan|Raven you and your attempts at lowering the tone of such a decent forum are to say the least dispicable. I hope you end up dead on the side of a road somewhere in the midlands with your hands bound behind your back.

There you have it people. The true side to this monsterous attempt of destroying mine and many others good names.

:mad:

I would like to paste the P.M. that sizzler sent to me relating to my posting in that thread.

There you have it people. The true side to this monsterous attempt of destroying mine and many others good names.

:mad:

Post reported in feedback. I never sent you any PM.

Grow up FFS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hottstuff wrote: »
    Nice find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNv-zIX9cNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s95Mm0cFqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEAWPcbTw8k
    three
    more there :)

It's from an australian show 'the chasers war on everything' you'll find quite alot of episodes on youtube. or at http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/int/vodcast/ which is the official website.

they are the crowd that broke into the 'really secure' international summit in australia, and were arrested outside bush's hotel dressed like osama bin laden.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Off topic post ;)

Are you in the business of stirring shyte?
    Say your breath stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I really cannot be arsed reading this now. Read the How Do You Like AH thread in AH for reasoning and explanation of lock -v- delete and some discussion on the threads.

"The post was made in AH." - So you don't need reminding what AH is like? Good. Effort saved.

"Inappropriate comment - Check" - Agreed; but then most of AH comments are.
    "Banning offence - Check" - Says who?! You?!
    "Is the poster a mod? - Check" - Not in After Hours.
    "Poster Banned - Nope" - See how you switched to the word "poster" here? I do. I see Mordeth as a poster in AH. I'll only consider him a Moderator when I post in Discworld.

Would you go away with the mod conspiracy and the knicker twisting and the what not.

After Hours is a relatively relaxed forum with relatively relaxed rules. We don't ban for "inappropriate comments" unless they're going to incite hatred or there are far too many or it's said in anger. Go play Politically Correct Police in another forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hottstuff wrote: »
    Nice find.

He is Andrew Hanson. The show is "the Chasers war on everything" (kind of hinted at in the first bit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNv-zIX9cNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s95Mm0cFqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEAWPcbTw8k
    three
    more there :)

It's from an australian show 'the chasers war on everything' you'll find quite alot of episodes on youtube. or at http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/int/vodcast/ which is the official website.

they are the crowd that broke into the 'really secure' international summit in australia, and were arrested outside bush's hotel dressed like osama bin laden.

Thanks Mord.
    Glad i bothered checking this thread now.;)

Karoma wrote: »
    After Hours is a relatively relaxed forum with relatively relaxed rules. We don't ban for "inappropriate comments" unless they're going to incite hatred or there are far too many or it's said in anger. Go play Politically Correct Police in another forum.

Fair enough, obviously my interpretation was flawed.

As for the PC comment, I couldnt give a hoop about PC bollox mate. I saw something and flagged it, end of.

You see something and want to flag it and end it there? Report the post/thread. I understood from the fact that you created a thread in Feedback that you wanted a discussion. Fine. I'll leave it there for now.

For the record, as has been stated across other threads: Mordeth is close to a long ban. We don't ban for small things or one or two small things. He has received the same treatment and will receive the same punishment as any other poster in AH.

If anyone else wants to take swipes at me for being too lenient or too harsh - roll right up (What's one more day of this to me?) but make sure you do a little reading before wasting my time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

faceman wrote: »
    Irregardless of bannings, its not really the behaviour that you would expect from individuals who were selected to moderate other forums on boards. Im sure the criteria for their selection didnt include their ability to post ban worthy material.

mods are posters too (and not just for christmas!) but surely there is a line where you have to say cop on lads. Granted they were banned or whatever but really they shouldnt have posted crap like that in the first place.

How many fucking times do we have to say this: Mods are only mods on their own board. Give us a fucking break - why can't we enjoy this site the way the rest of you (l)Users do?

Some dumb bint took coke and died - it happens! It's a horrible drug and turns people into total arseholes and so if this high profile bull makes people stop doing coke then Katy French has done a lot more in death than she could have ever hoped to accomplish in life.

• Advertisement

/me gets out some freddy kruger gloves for making swipes at Karoma and then remembers there maybe blood splash backs and goes rooting for the hazmat suit.

Kharn wrote: »
    It's a horrible drug and turns people into total arseholes and so if this high profile bull makes people stop doing coke then Katy French has done a lot more in death than she could have ever hoped to accomplish in life.

Sad but true.

close to a long ban?

et tu Karoma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

seamus wrote: »
    Indeed, Mordeth was banned from the forum. I don't see what else you would want us to do?

Mordeth should be banned from being a mod, His comments were out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Perhaps you mean out of order? And I disagree.

drdre for Mod!

Kharn wrote: »
    Some dumb bint took coke and died - it happens! It's a horrible drug and turns people into total arseholes and so if this high profile bull makes people stop doing coke then Katy French has done a lot more in death than she could have ever hoped to accomplish in life.

Was the coroner's report released? I'm not keeping up with this thing at all.

Mordeth wrote:
    close to a long ban?

et tu Karoma?
    I meant a 'long bang', you know I luv u.

Thaed: Blood? Bah! I only have coke in my veins. Oh dear...I meant Coca Cola.

drdre for Mod!

*rushes off to Tescos to get some "just for men" * - in blonde of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If ever a thread was screeching out for a cat pic...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

drdre for Mod!

He isnt even a real Doctor I will have you know.

Advertisement