Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show some respect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Karoma wrote: »
    humanji - Banned from life.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Seamus wrote:
    The people who were at that party could have instantly squashed any rumours of drug abuse. But they didn't. They all zipped up, shut up and probably ran to their solicitors for advice. That for me says more than anything.

It looks like there was no party, maybe that explains it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-launch-investigation-into-katys-death-1240044.html

Informal inquiries confirmed that Katy had become ill while staying at the home of a friend, Kieron Ducie, and his partner on Friday night.

Alarmed

It is understood that Mr Ducie had spent much of Friday night in Dublin city and that Katy had called to the house to visit his partner.

The couple became alarmed when they discovered that Katy was ill and Mr Ducie drove her to Our Lady's Hospital.

Gardai spoke to the couple on Wednesday and said there was no indication anybody else had been in the house on Friday night or early Saturday morning.

There was also no concrete evidence to indicate that anything untoward had taken place in the hours prior to her illness.

Gardai dismissed media reports earlier in the week that Katy had become unwell while attending a party at a house in Ashbourne.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yes, the 'cop on' is expected in the forum they moderate. They got to moderate that forum because the Admins knew they could trust them to do the job well.

i suspected that this was going to be the answer and thank you replying to me with the need for colourful language or capital letters. :) So in summary, the code of conduct is limited to what you mod.
    wrote:
    Reflect well on what exactly?
    Outside the forum they moderate, a mod can act like any other user. They are not 'special' on all other forums and will be treated like any other user.
    Many, many mods have been banned from other forums because of their behaviour.

the point i was trying to make was that i personally felt it didnt reflect well on a surface level of the moderating job. Like i already said, its just my opinion. While I read some but not all of the fight the power rubbish that does get spouted and enjoy some of the risque banter than goes on, i just felt in this instance that is was a step too far.

I didnt have much time for katy french while she was alive, and i had the pleasure taking part in a charity event with her. And i completely agree that it is disgusting that stories like her death take precedent over what we would consider more pressing issues but thats the media and thats the stories it seems sell more papers etc. Im sure there are more posts on boards on the life and death of katy french than the life and death of those punters in waterford. Doesnt make either event less tragic.

To coin a phrase often used and that was used in the katy french threads, "its a discussion for humanities not this thread" but unfortunately they never seem to materialise there and almost always materialise in the wrong places.

Anyway as far as I am concerned see thats my tupence said and responded to so Im dropping out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yesterday boards.ie was fun and play,
    and now it's gone so grey and gehy,
    oh cant it be like yesterday ?

Suddenly, it's not half the lulz it used to be,
    There’s all this PC shadow hanging over me.
    Oh, yesterday ended suddenly.

Why they had to go make the site googible, they woldn’t say.
    I think thats were it went wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, before the lolcat came play.
    Now I feel the need for private forum to hide away.
    Oh, I believe in boards.ie as it was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mordeth wrote: »
    i'll be sure to die with something amusing stuck in my anus
    just for boards.ie

Nothing got to do with the fact that 22 hours out of every day are spent with something amusing in your anus, no? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

humanji wrote: »
    :(

Tough. The best part is: no Garda can touch me. Why? BECAUSE I FRIGGIN MODERATE A BOARD! BOOYAH! (The conspiracy is bigger than you imagine, lusers.)

Oh, we're actually discussing the death of the person that you were moaning about discussions about? Oh...I'm off (To brush up on English, break Mordeth's hand, kill humanji, and to get more coke. Or to just discuss something more interesting or more important to me.) Cheerio.

See you all at humanji's funeral. Be sure to interrupt the priest when he waffles on about how he was God's child, and not such a bad lad... be sure to shout that the priest is a hypocrite and that humanji was a ****, etc. That's the way you do things, right? or do you only do it when you have the perception of some level of anonymity?

faceman wrote: »
    the point i was trying to make was that i personally felt it didnt reflect well on a surface level of the moderating job.

IT'S NOT A JOB.
    WE DON'T GET PAID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Dragan wrote: »
    Nothing got to do with the fact that 22 hours out of every day are spent with something amusing in your anus, no? :D

A twix!!!!
    Oh yes , hes the guy in the ad "thats me ma", >>> "dirty!!!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Dragan wrote: »

that's just a delightful coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thaedydal wrote: »
    IT'S NOT A JOB.
    WE DON'T GET PAID.

Well, we get repaid... but the coke is looking dodgy... hookers only? Meh. Mordeth's granny better be as good as they say on the walls...

• Advertisement

oh, she is.. she taught me everything I know about pleasuring a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yesterday, before the lolcat came play.
    Was going to ask about that. Too early for the lolcats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

I knew her well enough and what Mordeth said did not offend me in the slightest. Infact, I lolled. You can't force someone to respect someone. I know several "famous" people that have stopped being bold as a result of what has happened, so it's a good thing really. Nobody cared when the waterford fella died, but it takes a z class celeb to open people's eyes.

Also, if Karoma bans Mordeth I'll reveal to the world that he isn't really a ginger, and he doesn't want that happening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Karoma wrote: »
    Tough. The best part is: no Garda can touch me. Why? BECAUSE I FRIGGIN MODERATE A BOARD! BOOYAH! (The conspiracy is bigger than you imagine, lusers.)

Oh, we're actually discussing the death of the person that you were moaning about discussions about? Oh...I'm off (To brush up on English, break Mordeth's hand, kill humanji, and to get more coke. Or to just discuss something more interesting or more important to me.) Cheerio.

See you all at humanji's funeral. Be sure to interrupt the priest when he waffles on about how he was God's child, and not such a bad lad... be sure to shout that the priest is a hypocrite and that humanji was a ****, etc. That's the way you do things, right? or do you only do it when you have the perception of some level of anonymity?

If I wasn't banned I'd write such a derogatory post here! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Sizzler wrote:
    I seem to recall Thaedydal made a remark also but that comment has since been removed
    I'm surprised at Thaedydal! I had visions of her being a Mary Poppins type...
    I am only in my early 30s
    How many minutes is that on the naughty step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

kelle wrote: »

She is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

kelle wrote: »

How many minutes is that on the naughty step?

Can't I have 30 spankings instead ?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Can't I have 30 spankings instead ?
    When are the ritual boards floggings anyway. I dont want to miss out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd love to get all the people who think we should remove all this stuff, in a room with all the people who scream Freedom Of Speech, with a big laz-e-boy chair and a supersize bucket of popcorn.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

DeVore wrote: »
    I'd love to get all the people who think we should remove all this stuff, in a room with all the people who scream Freedom Of Speech, with a big laz-e-boy chair and a supersize bucket of popcorn.

DeV.

I'd pay good money to see that :D

You dont want to be sitting in the middle that when they start throwing their own **** at each other. Really you want a nice comfy Cesarean balcony over the arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

RIP Katie French.

Poor lass tbh.

Kinda sad people hating her because she was making sh1t loads milking the media. What with that being her Job and her being rather well paid for it. Not her fault the media have latched onto it.

Anyways what I am really here to ask is are we allowed to walk the line were we can not show respect for the dead if we feel liker it? lolcat stylie?

It is just I have some cracking oneliners lined up for that "Long term illness" Forum boards has. Getting the odd death post there every so often and the fake sypmthy of unknowns to uknowns is making my eyes bleed.

Me and Thead could have a right giggle!

Clarification?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No. There are limits.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is one of those things where people seem to be jumping against the fences to find out where the boundaries are. Merc makes a decent point on this.

There are no set boundaries here - to (pseudo) quote DeV, "No law book that you can throw at us". The limits are based upon what is deemed to be walking on or crossing the line at the time. In a year's time the more tasteless Katy French jokes may be OK in AH. They'd still get you banned from other forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

No. There are limits.

DeV.

That's what I thought.

DeV.

first boards beer of 2008?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Kharn wrote: »
    There is no discussion to be had on this matter as we've gone over it time and time again. Mods are resigning their post left right and centre (there's now only 1 politics mod in a 24 hour period for example) because you the users deem that we are supposed to be some sort of saint-like figure on this site because we have offered our time and energy to the community for what are becomming increasingly less rewards.

If someone is moderating for "rewards", then they probably shouldn't be doing it at all. And yes, I do believe that Mods should show a little cop-on, no matter where they post.

It's all very well churning out the "we're not mods outside our own forums" mantra, but let's face it, that's not how it appears, or ever will, to the majority of users and it's increasingly hard to communicate that to a growing membership.

• Advertisement

ok fair enough there are limits but I don't think what i said was that out of line tbh
    not like I used any of the offensive terms for a person dying like checked into the maggot motel, or that she has a whole new range of nercophila pinup posters coming out soon.

Advertisement