Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(New) 2nd hand car - tax renewal query

Options
  • 07-12-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've a query I've never personally had experience of, hope you can shed some light.
    My partner recently changed cars (few weeks ago). Road tax was out when I picked it up from the garage (Oct '07 expiry). Finally received the new updated Registration Cert in the post yesterday from Shannon. Are the systems linked in such a way that she will now receive a tax renewal automatically or would I need to make contact with the local authority tax office?

I presume the original tax renewal notice would've went to the previous owners address either prior to us purchasing the car or when the documents were away to Shannon for updating.

Any ideas?
    Cheers! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Best to get down and tax it yourselves. If a renewal does arrive, and I doubt it will, you still wouldn't be able to tax it online as it's your first time taxing that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Great stuff, thanks milltown - I will pop down on monday morning, doubt I'd make the 4pm close today! :)

Advertisement