Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offline forum view?

Options
  • 07-12-2007 2:11pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First off, I'd like to thank myself for logging in. Thank you.

Secondly is there a way or plan in the future to allow chuncks of boards to be downloaded for offline viewing? I'm thinking about long train journeys with no internet connection.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

BossArky wrote: »
    First off, I'd like to thank myself, for logging in. Thank you.

Secondly, is there a way, or plan in the future, to allow chuncks of boards to be downloaded for offline viewing? I'm thinking about long train journeys, with no internet connection.

Thank you, for your query. It has been logged, with reference number, LITMOD2.

Please, allow 24-48 hours for cat pictures to , begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You took all the fun out of it... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

no we can still have fun with it...

bossarkycat2sx2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.httrack.com/

I would imagine there would be a serious amount of downloading to do though...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Secondly, is there a way or plan in the future to allow chuncks of boards to be downloaded for offline viewing? I'm thinking about long train journeys with no internet connection.
    You missed a comma. I fixed it for you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm a lumberjack and I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

jonski wrote: »
    I'm a lumberjack and I don't care

It had to be done!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats a good question... if you find an answer, let us know. I don't know of one off the top of my head. It could also have some serious impact on the DB if everyone did it so I can forsee some issues...

DeV.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats a good question... It could also have some serious impact on the DB if everyone did it so I can forsee some issues...

DeV.

No, no, no. You fail to understand my question. It is just for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah right.

Well just PM ecksor there and ask him for a database dump, a copy of the last file backup from boards and the boards's software key for vBulletin. I'm sure he'll only be delighted to comply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You could just get a pen and a big notepad and copy down the bits you want to read later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I use grease proof paper and a 1b pencil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

zaph wrote: »
    You could just get a pen and a big notepad and copy down the bits you want to read later.
    homah_7ft wrote: »
    I use grease proof paper and a 1b pencil.

That's just ridiculous, far too time consuming. This is what he should do!

EDIT: Although it would be cool to be able to do what BossArky is suggesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think there is plenty of software which grabs sites and downloads them. Far too tired to go looking for them now though! The technology exists, although widespread use throughout Boards could have drastic effects on the bandwidth bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check your PM:cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

the_syco wrote: »
    Check your PM:cool:

Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats a good question... if you find an answer, let us know. I don't know of one off the top of my head. It could also have some serious impact on the DB if everyone did it so I can forsee some issues...

DeV.
    The last X posts/X hours posts from a users subbed forums/threads downloaded through something like Google Gears? My reasoning being that subs are the ones a user is most likely to care about.

Advertisement