Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - Broadband down

Options
  • 07-12-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Any other ntl customers been getting a lot of downtime from their broadband service recently?

Mine was down for a good 12 hours yesterday and even when I had it, speed was > 1mb. I dont think im alone since I overheard a couple people this morning complaing about them in general. Their service seems to be in steady decline atm. Id love to switch to another isp but every isp seems to have its issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

It was up and down for me the last few days in Dun Na Coiribe which was rather annoying as I was on calls at the time

No explanation no nothing .. it'd be really great if they had a status page to at least warn of outages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Mine was still gone this morning. At work at the moment, so not sure what the status is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Had v. slow speeds last night and it went at around 11-midnight, back again now. In Lr Salthill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

dodgy in terryland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    dodgy in terryland too.
    Dodgy Fullstop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

T'was dodgy in Knocknacarra today couldn't get an IP, kept having to ipconfig /release

Not sure if it's the cable modem that provides IP for PC and then does a NAT? Sorted itself out after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Same here. It's been down a few times in recent days and has been soooooooooooooo slow too which aint good for viewing YouTube

Still out this morning in Highfield. Have thried customer service a few times over the last few days, but, as usual, no joy. TV reception is dodgy, too.

Looks like a trip up to Eyre Square tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cornbb wrote: »
    Had v. slow speeds last night and it went at around 11-midnight, back again now. In Lr Salthill.

Had the same problem on Thursday night, but it came back on Friday morning. I have to say that it's the first downtime I've had in ages... they actually seemed to be getting their act together for a while there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Fey! wrote: »
    Still out this morning in Highfield. Have thried customer service a few times over the last few days, but, as usual, no joy. TV reception is dodgy, too.

Have they not moved to Ballybane yet? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i eventually got sick of there rubbish and switched to eircom, havent had any issues and have been with them for 8 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Fey! wrote: »

I think they closed down the Eyre Sq branch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

always have problems with speed on n.t.l., can't stream half of the time to be honest

Still no service, and now you guys tell me that Eyre Square is closed?

How am I supposed to spend the evenings of my sad, pathethic, lonely life without my interaction with the personalities of boards.ie?

*wanders off to see if non-virtual girlfriend has dumped his sorry arse yet*

i now look back at my 2 meg eircom line in sligo with nostalgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I think they closed down the Eyre Sq branch

On that subject, Where is their main galway office?
    Shouting over the phone at someone just isnt the same as shouting at them in person.

NTL has returned!

hurrah \o/

Got a call asking if NTL was down in Salthill area (Ocean wave to be precise) .... anyone got any ideas if its down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Got a call asking if NTL was down in Salthill area (Ocean wave to be precise) .... anyone got any ideas if its down there?

Seems fine in lower Salthill

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Seems fine in lower Salthill

Must be a prob on their end, of course JC gets to try and fix it - all for a measly beer :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭homerjay540

my ntl acting a bit strange in rahoon. tv fine. internet ok on some parts of some sites but others i get nothing
    it's not just one or two sites that don't work, the majority are like this. i have never had problems like this with ntl before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wicked slow connection this evening, took almost a minute for this page to load :mad:

Advertisement