Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick on Shannon - Cartown/Rockin Robins

Options
  • 07-12-2007 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I have heard on the grapevine that the nightclub Rockin Robins, formerly known as Cartown House in carrick on shannon is closed for renovations... Was thinking of making a trip down there Sat night so just wondered if this is true or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Sligo forum

Edit - Maybe Leitrim?? I will leave a redirect so a few people will see it and it will get more exposure in the Sligo forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I would move this to the Leitrim forum but a lot of ppl would come up from Sligo (and all over) to go to rockin rednecks er robins...

Gillie wrote: »
    I would move this to the Leitrim forum but a lot of ppl would come up from Sligo (and all over) to go to rockin rednecks er robins...
    I thought that may be the case and I know nanook will go mad at me saying this but the Leitrim thread isnt really setting the world on fire so I thought the OP's query may be better addressed here.

muffler wrote: »
    I thought that may be the case and I know nanook will go mad at me saying this but the Leitrim thread isnt really setting the world on fire so I thought the OP's query may be better addressed here.

Sad but true!:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

We have taken to going to each others houses instead to play cards and conserve the heating bills. Theres only the handful of us. ;)
    The cunning threads on beers and models does help Sligos popularity methinks. Even the Donegal crowd come down for a look. :D
    This is back to the North west been divided again isnt it?
    Re putting the ops query into the sligo forum does it not create a self fulfilling prophecy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Bendihorse wrote: »
    I have heard on the grapevine that the nightclub Rockin Robins, formerly known as Cartown House in carrick on shannon is closed for renovations... Was thinking of making a trip down there Sat night so just wondered if this is true or not?

Its true, question answered. Why is this in the Sligo forum?

tuppence wrote: »
    This is back to the North west been divided again isnt it?
    Yes indeed. I was actually against the move to subdivide the regional fora but the powers that be made the decision.
    stepbar wrote: »
    Why is this in the Sligo forum?
    Because I put it here.

If you have a problem with that contact a mod ;)

I don't think the division makes that much of a difference. I think that the North West forum as a whole would have been mostly filled with Sligo related threads anyway!
    (I woulda made sure of it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

yep its closed for renovations, the eh.. swinging donkey (landmark hotel) is open though in carrick...

big_show wrote: »
    the eh.. swinging donkey
    Christ what a title.....:D

• Advertisement

I don't think the division makes that much of a difference. I think that the North West forum as a whole would have been mostly filled with Sligo related threads anyway!
    (I woulda made sure of it!)
    Probably (sure i know sligo is great!) but there was a healthy sense of regional unity and cross fertilisation of threads before division i reckon.
    Anyway I am off cos looks like the question might have been answered!
    Hey maybe ye could put it back to Leitrim now to bump up our threads and make nanook a little happier. (bless)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

They must have spent too much time in Bundoran, what with the Chasin' Bull, The Kicking Donkey and the Whistling Oyster. Leitrim is in the ha'penny place compared to Donegal for daft pub names.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

i know its off topic but you can't forget "THE MAD ASS" in Belturbet in Cavan.

Off topic I know but Rockin Robbins is in Leitrim so I can.

il gatto wrote: »
    They must have spent too much time in Bundoran, what with the Chasin' Bull, The Kicking Donkey and the Whistling Oyster. Leitrim is in the ha'penny place compared to Donegal for daft pub names.:D
    Not to mention the horses head

There's also the Mucky Duck in Cavan. I drank in Rockin' Robin's many times (just being on topic for a minute. No story to tell).

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

And the locals in Carrick call "The Swingin Donkey" simply "The Donkey" which can sound ridiculous - "are ya goin' to the Donkey on Sa-harday ni' boy?" "ayeeee"

Anyhow, think there's a new niteclub openeing i Carrick, in the middle of the town (is there a middle?) and it holds 550 but supposedly both "The Donkey" and this new place wil be packed to the rafters as Cartown had a much larger capacity! So I hear....on the grapvine! :)

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    "are ya goin' to the Donkey on Sa-harday ni' boy?" "ayeeee"

:eek:
    Dear god who talks like that?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Anyhow, think there's a new niteclub openeing i Carrick, in the middle of the town (is there a middle?) and it holds 550 but supposedly both "The Donkey" and this new place wil be packed to the rafters as Cartown had a much larger capacity! So I hear....on the grapvine! :)

Catown house, capacity over 550, my god it has had bigger capacities than 4 times that. I have heard a story of a new years eve years ago and it was a lot of people in there that night

:eek:
    Dear god who talks like that?
    :D

Obviously people from Galway :)

Rockin' Robins holds 3000 afaik. It's big when you go in, but there's as much or more out the back where the bands play. They've rechristened it "Passion" as the owner called the Swinging Donkey that previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

l3LoWnA is from Sligo! :)

Certain people from every county in the weshhht talk like the above! :)

Don't try to pretend you've never heard any farmers in any pub talking in the language I speak of?!? I just feel "The Donkey" just fits in well with said accent. Thank god we've just got "The Velvet Room" "Envy" "Toffs" & "The Clarence" No animals in sight :D

• Advertisement

Thank god we've just got "The Velvet Room" "Envy" "Toffs" & "The Clarence" No animals in sight :D
    Early days yet ;)

There used to be Club called "Loose Rubys" in Dromahair..... Had a florescent picture of the said Ruby who looked remarkable like a blond Betty Boo out the front. :eek: Didnt frequent it myself.(so dont know whether it had a policy on animals or anything :D) Think it may just be gone. Might of been able to take some of the surplus of folk with the renovations of Rockin Robins otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 def345

Does anyone know about a new bar opened by the moon river people in Carrick?
    I think it was supposed to be open early Dec?

Might be better asking that one in the Leitrim forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 def345

Thanks Gilly, will do.
    I just thought since the thread started out talking about robins I'd reply here.

No problem.
    I think it would be no harm to start a new thread in the Leitrim Forum anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 helenmelon

Bendihorse wrote: »

ya it true..the club though has move to carrick on shannon in the town..at the landmark hotel..:The Swinging Donkey every wkend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 helenmelon

the swinging ass lol

Advertisement