Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premiership Weekend Thread: Shots Off Target Now Guaranteed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Call_me_al wrote: »

hate the way Terry always has to have the last word and squares up to everyone; he acts like such a bully on the pitch I would love someone to deck him someday and put him in his place.

Would love to see that too. I don't hate the guy, he is a great player - but he gets away with so much - mainly because he is england captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    :D

I hate them.

Ah but you gotta love their inspirational gaffer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Would love to see that too. I don't hate the guy, he is a great player - but he gets away with so much - mainly because he is england captain

i have a feeling thats exactly what it is, like that story going around about something controversial Terry may or may not have said to Ledley King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah but you gotta love their inspirational gaffer though
    Be careful Xavi :D

Actually, it's not Keane I hate, I used to love him as a player.

DesF wrote: »
    Be careful Xavi :D

Actually, it's not Keane I hate, I used to love him as a player.

I'm a changed man. My time away gave me time to reflect on the golden career of Mr. Keane and I now worship every square inch of ground he ever walked on :D

Seriously though, great result today.

Penalty to Reading, was outside box, but real clumsy tackle from carragher,

1-0 Reading - Hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reading 1 up due to ref did Carra get a card?

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Surely Carragher had to get booked for that, I'm seriously pissed off if he didn't. Like the correct decision would have been a free kick and a yellow card, yet he gives a penalty and no yellow?

Doyle is playing fantastic.

PHB wrote: »
    Surely Carragher had to get booked for that, I'm seriously pissed off if he didn't. Like the correct decision would have been a free kick and a yellow card, yet he gives a penalty and no yellow?

Doyle is playing fantastic.

It should have really been a booking - whether it was inside or outside definitely

Agree with you that Doyle is having a great game, showing some great pace and running.

1-1 Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1-1 Gerrard

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ireland 2
    Liverpool 1

To be honest, I think if I had a choice, I'd rather Carragher had gotten that booking than Reading win this game.

Reading 3 up...take that Jack Hobbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I thought Burley was harsh on the ref/linesman for the peno decision. In real time it would certainly look like the contact was first made inside.

Reading 3 up...take that Jack Hobbs.

good contribution, bet you been wait for the last 90mins to make that sensible comment.

• Advertisement

*Shakes head*

Stop taking it so serious. It was a joke man, come on.

well obviously not a funny joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What a dive from Ronaldo. Impressive stuff, you just can't teach that. I think Fergie's gona go nuts against him.

Oh please! Ferguson will applaud him for getting the peno, only in public will he criticise. Seriously, if there was anything other than a "hit the dirt every chance you get policy" it would be stamped out. Are you really suggesting Ferguson (et al) is being defied by the players?

I am sure that Fergie will not be happy with Ronaldos dive today. Not because it was a dive, but because it was a wasted dive. We had already won the game. There was no reason to dive. The problem is now that refs will once again see him as a diver.

well obviously not a funny joke.

Not the point though, why did you not quote any other users who posted similar posts. For example a previous poster simply posted ' I hate them' I updated the score what more do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well thats it imo Rafa has confirmed he isn't really that bothered about the PL and he hasn't learned how to play away against teams like Reading, 4-3-3 ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Was watching the Liverpool game on Spanish TV and the Spanish commentators were genuinely shocked at the players cursing at the ref. It was after Peter Crouch told the ref to f*ck off. They said if that was in Spain, the referee would have sent him straight off.

What was their opinion on Doyle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

What was their opinion on Doyle?

Only caught the second half but they loved his goal celebration. They were very impressed, although he ran out of steam in the last 10 minutes. Anytime he or Hunt got the ball, they'd always have to refer to them as "el irlandés".

On a side note, there's something very German about Doyle's style of play! :D He's got good technical ability, strength and a great work ethic. He seems to have a really good mentality aswell.

I agree actually..Good observation(German style) Perhaps Bierhoffesque? I would love if Doyle leaves Reading to move somwhere other than England...Imagine him with Real Madrid!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

but because it was a wasted dive. We had already won the game. There was no reason to dive. The problem is now that refs will once again see him as a diver.

A wasted dive.....??? diving is never good...

Anyway, very sad to see all right 3-1 in injury time and he has to hit the deck as he is hit by fresh air....very sad, taints his ability..

Not the point though, why did you not quote any other users who posted similar posts. For example a previous poster simply posted ' I hate them' I updated the score what more do you want?

why have a go at Hobbs, it made no sense. similar to most of your posts...

It made no sense..similar to most of my posts? Please explain this to me. If I say De Rossi is better than Gerrard, is this nonsense purely because it is your opinion that Steven Gerrard is better than De Rossi?

If you can show me examples(Soccer Related) of me making 'no sense' then I will glady accept your aquisation.

to be honest i could not be arsed going back through your posts.

i just feel you talk some awful crap take the riquelme thread of the top of my head, about how great you are at football...

No, I did not say I was 'great' at football..dude I didnt even get on my school team, but I had a good footballing brain and this is not my words. Even people who I did not get on with, always said they liked my style. I could pass the ball better than most, and was more comfortable than most on the ball.

• Advertisement

still a load of nonsense which you shoehorned into the thread. anyway i'm leaving at that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    A wasted dive.....??? diving is never good...

Anyway, very sad to see all right 3-1 in injury time and he has to hit the deck as he is hit by fresh air....very sad, taints his ability..

Gotta agree with that. Its shameful to see. I remember when Pires did nearly the exact same thing a couple of years back.I was disgusted and I felt the same today.

Blatent diving like that is making a mockery of the game.

still a load of nonsense which you shoehorned into the thread. anyway i'm leaving at that....

Fair enough but Eireboy said

It goes back to the article that Pepe posted a few weeks ago about 10 year olds playing on full sized pitches in England. From an early age they're required to be athletes. The small, slow players find it really tough the make it in the British game. Pretty sad and I really believe it's the reason they're not in the Euros. They've no playmakers. It's also probably no coincidence that most top playmakers lack pace.

Was my post that much out of line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

No, I did not say I was 'great' at football..dude I didnt even get on my school team, but I had a good footballing brain and this is not my words. Even people who I did not get on with, always said they liked my style. I could pass the ball better than most, and was more comfortable than most on the ball.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This esteguy is what, 17? He talks like , well my age ffs. Pics of what BTW, his brain?

Pics? That is just stupid. What did you think I had a gang of Photographers taking pictures while I was playing?

But trust me it really does not bother me if you don't believe me.

What do you mean I talk like I'm your age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

But trust me it really does not bother me if you don't believe me.

Well stop shiteing on about it so!

I brought it up once, that other guy brought it up.

I think someone needs to walk the walk and get themselves down to Bordeaux!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think someone needs to walk the walk and get themselves down to Bordeaux!

he wouldn get in the team xavi!!

lads seriously, this is a premiership weekend thread, is surprised one or 2 people aint been banned for talking total sh**e on ere.....big week for liverpool, if they go out of europe during the week and united get a result next week, i think its bye bye rafa.....

he wouldn get in the team xavi!!

Ah every team needs a 'Bergkamp'!
    lads seriously, this is a premiership weekend thread, is surprised one or 2 people aint been banned for talking total sh**e on ere.....big week for liverpool, if they go out of europe during the week and united get a result next week, i think its bye bye rafa.....

The mindset of some fans is crazy (I'm not meaning you btw). Lost one league game so far this season and it's time for the chop? That's ridiculous. The fans called for Torres to start against Reading, he did and they got hammered. What do you (collectively) want?

Liverpool aren't a great team in the same context as United, Arsenal or Chelsea and anyone who thinks they are is kidding themselves. Yet despite this they reached a Champions League final in May. That's not even 7 months ago. Short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im only talking about the current suituation in liverpool, where his relationship with the board is not supposed to be great.....its a big week for him.

im only talking about the current suituation in liverpool, where his relationship with the board is not supposed to be great.....its a big week for him.

Every week is a big week at a 'top' club. This week it's an argument with the owners, next week it'll be a row with a player, then the fans.....and every game for a Liverpool fan is a 'must win' game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

to be honest i could not be arsed going back through your posts.

i just feel you talk some awful crap take the riquelme thread of the top of my head, about how great you are at football...

Petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Boro 1-0 up on arsenal
    Downing a penalty after 4 mins.
    Now that would be the upset of the year so far !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Toure gives away penalty and Downing puts it away.

This would be such a fantastic weekend if this happened. I remain sceptical :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Arsenal not having it their own way at all.
    Half an hour gone and boro are more than holding their own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Middlesborough looking very good at the moment. Arsenal lacking creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Boro playin very well, plenty of pressure, Arsenal looking out of sorts in midfield.

• Advertisement
Advertisement