Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premiership Weekend Thread: Shots Off Target Now Guaranteed!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Eboue is some p****...what a petulant little kid he is, that jab on Rochemback was deplorable and we've all seen reds given for less (his raising of his hands to yer man..)...God, i hate Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stuck in work all day so saw no football until MOTD2.

Eboue should have walked for the slap.

Spurs very lucky with 1st goal, no foul on Berbs+offside+handball. I'd be raging down other end.

Ireland's tackle was an absolute shocker, contrast with Keane's last week in a similar spot on the pitch...:mad:

Dunno - i actually don't think it was offside or handball. I though it hit chimbondas chest, and he was played onside by the guy closest to the goal-line who had been in the wall. Not sure about the free though, i don't remeber the tackle so won't comment on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tauren wrote: »
    Dunno - i actually don't think it was offside or handball. I though it hit chimbondas chest, and he was played onside by the guy closest to the goal-line who had been in the wall. Not sure about the free though, i don't remeber the tackle so won't comment on that.

Ah here you've got to be joking. It's blatantly obvious a goal should not have been given. Chimbonda was off as everyone stepped out as soon as the ball was rolled to Berbatov. And it did hit his arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Eboue is some p****...what a petulant little kid he is, that jab on Rochemback was deplorable and we've all seen reds given for less (his raising of his hands to yer man..)...God, i hate Arsenal

Arsenal fans don't like him either fyi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

cson wrote: »
    Arsenal fans don't like him either fyi.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah here you've got to be joking. It's blatantly obvious a goal should not have been given. Chimbonda was off as everyone stepped out as soon as the ball was rolled to Berbatov. And it did hit his arm.

No, i'm not joking, I definately think Chimbonda was played on by one of the two guys who had formed the initial wall, one of them was very slow to push out.

As for the handball, i'd have to watch it again, but i don't think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It was offside. But it was really really tight, no ref / linesman would ever have spotted it...it was like those awful offside decisions in Pro Evo when your player's toe is in an offside position...

jank and cson, good to see a united front against childish play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tauren wrote: »
    No, i'm not joking, I definately think Chimbonda was played on by one of the two guys who had formed the initial wall, one of them was very slow to push out.

As for the handball, i'd have to watch it again, but i don't think it was.

MOTD2 did the computer analysis of positions, they said it was offside.

As for handball, looked 100% in real time maybe a little less after numerous replays...game is played in real time though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

jank and cson, good to see a united front against childish play :)

Hey whether its one of our own Eboue, or Ronaldo, it doesn't matter to me. I don't like that type of ****e in the game. It ruins it. I struggle to watch La Liga sometimes because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

God, i hate Arsenal

United fan so?

• Advertisement
Advertisement